Wallet Threat Level

I totally agree, it’s the best free game I’ve ever played and I’m cool with sending some money at the developers for keeping things rolling. Day one, full (albeit cheap) price.

And hey, this is totally off topic but it’s been bugging me so I’m going to ask - sounds like you also got Outer Wilds from the mixpot thing so if you go into your library of games, does your Outer Wilds say it’s in ‘preorder’ status? Mine does, and won’t let me download - if I go to the MS store it says I own the game and can DL from there so it’s not a showstopper, but kind of annoying. Just curious if you see the same thing.

I’ll check it out when I get home today. I own it thanks to that mixpot thing, but haven’t played it yet.

Mary Skelter is a very underrated series. Unless they really cock this one up I’ll grab it at some point when it’s on sale. I played the original on the PSP and it was a lot of fun.

I might re-buy the base game from Steam just to have it there. Though I suppose in a perfect world it would be available on GOG.

This is true.

A lot of fancy shmups on the Switch this week, but I either already own them (like the fantastic G-Darius) or am waiting for a sale.
So no threats here!
And I also had been using the thread wrongly for months. I was mistaking danger and threat :O

Melty Blood: Type Lumina is a huge wallet threat for a lot of fighting game fans.

I’m still invested enough in Guilty Gear Strive that this is not an immediate threat, even though I loved UNICLR. Also, no price information for me yet makes it difficult to measure its threat. If it’s cheap enough, I might buy it sooner than later. ;)

EDIT: it seems Melty Blood Type Lumina has a dash button and autocombos, so this just went to maximum threat level. ;)

I thought it was binary, either the threat of opening the wallet is there or not! Steam thumbs up/down.

Next we’ll be having a ‘wallet threat rating range’ of 7-9… ;)

It was Tom’s system in the mid 2000s onward.

Like this:

Based on the homeland security threat level system in the US after 9/11. The system was discontinued and Tom stopped using it eventually as well.

Ah, of course, cheers! I had totally forgotten those. Mind not as supple as it used to be obviously… :D

Oh here we go, found the original.

I had forgotten there was Blue.

A 5-star system then, appropriately enough. :)

But we only really use blue to orange around these parts.

Mine also shows as a Pre-order. But when I hit Install, it queued it up, and is now installing just fine.

Lots of interesting games these days for me:
In Sound Mind
Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye
Hot Wheels Unleashed
The Eternal Cylinder
Industria

Jett Far Shore also releasing soonish, October 5th

This got delayed to October 21st.

It made me chuckle. Old game being delayed. Uh uh.

A new Undernight game was confirmed recently too.

Wallet threat level Red? Lots of big releases this week, including Far Cry 6, a Super Monkey Ball game, Jett: The Far Shore, a new 2D Super Metroid game, Nickelodeon’s All Star Brawl, if brawlers are your thing, Alan Wake Remastered, the excellent Tetris Effect: Connected coming to Switch, and a new Switch with an OLED screen which will be hitting my wallet really hard this week.

Monday, October 4

• Toree 2 | Switch

Tuesday, October 5

• Exophobia | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl |PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Alan Wake Remastered | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
  • Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Levithan | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Jett: The Far Shore | PS5, PS4, PC
  • BPM: Bullets Per Minute | PS4, Xbox One
  • Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey | PS5, PS4
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes | Switch
  • Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases | Switch
  • AmaneSwitch | Switch
  • RiMS Racing | Switch
  • Hotel Magnate | PC

Wednesday, October 6

• Art of Rally | PS5, PS4
  • Jack Axe | PC