Wallet Threat Level

It looked interesting but it’s being … less appreciated by the critics

Wow, this week? I feel like I haven’t heard much about it yet. That might be on me though, as I’ve been doing other things lately.

I agree, the timing of the previews/hype surrounding the game has faded a bit, and hasn’t ramped up again after that. It feels like a surprise release to me too.

I never played Alan Wake so I have the remake on my radar. I’ve actually owned the game since forever, but never got around to playing it. I have so much stuff to play that I need to resist buying this or Far Cry 6. I must be strong!

What the heck happened, the last time I checked Far Cry 6 was like 3 months away, now its 3 days away, lol.

Age of Darkness is the one I am picking up this week. Far Cry 6, although looks good, will have to wait a bit.

This one?

Early Access RTS. I’d never heard of it. Let us know how it is in a couple of days.

Yes, I have been bad with links lately! That is the one and will do once I get into it!

OMG, the re-release of Blade of Darkness, upgraded. From what I’ve read, if you bought it when it came out on GOG before, you get the upgrade free, woohoo!

I can confirm that to be the case, as I had the original game on GOG and now there’s the re-release there in my library.

Thanks for checking. I suppose it’s too much to ask for the save game progress to carry over. ;-)

Cool I didn’t know that!

I installed and restarted it. Man, this game was harder core than I remembered. I’m having trouble getting past the first couple of enemies (these little headcrab looking things), let alone the knight you first encounter (as the Knight, anyway).

Also, maybe I need to up the brightness or contrast–it looks pretty muddy on my IPS LCD.

There’s 3 big releases this week that jump out at me. Back 4 Blood, which introduces aiming down the sights to the Left 4 Dead formula, which should hopefully be a game changer. Riftbreakers, a base-building survival ARPG that looks very interesting. And NHL 22, the latest edition of the sports game. I’m getting the first two through Game Pass, so no immediate wallet threat to me.

Monday, October 11

• Settlement Survival | PC
  • Eternium | PC
  • Book of Travels | PC

Tuesday, October 12

• Monster Crown | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Disco Elysium: The Final Cut | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
  • A Memoir Blue | Xbox One
  • Back 4 Blood | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Lone Echo II | Occulus Rift, Rift S

Wednesday, October 13

• Critadel | Switch, PC
  • Immortus Tempous | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Catty & Batty: The Spirit Guide | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • Lumione | Switch, PC
  • Starlight Alliance | Switch
  • Gladiator Guild Manager | PC, Mac
  • Midnight Protocol | PC, Mac

Thursday, October 14

• Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Chasing Static | PC
  • The Riftbreaker | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Aeon Must Die! | Switch
  • Subnautica + Subnautica: Below Zero | Switch
  • Waifu Discovered 2: Medieval Fantasy | Switch
  • Hextones | Switch
  • A Little Golf Journey | Switch
  • The Sundew | Switch
  • Flight of Animals | Switch
  • Bonito Days | Switch
  • Red Ronin | Switch
  • Zumania - Magic Casual Puzzle | Switch
  • Nira | Switch
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 8 | Switch
  • Ruin Raiders | Switch
  • Mon Amour | Switch
  • Aliens Drive Me Crazy | Switch
  • Inspector Waffles | Switch
  • Henchman Story | Switch
  • Evil Tonight | Switch
  • Tears of Avia | Switch
  • Get Together: A Coop Adventure | PC
  • The Alien Cube | PC
  • Stolen Realm | PC
  • Growing Up | PC, Mac

Friday, October 15

• Ancient Stories: God of Egypt | Xbox One
  • Gleylancer | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
  • NHL 22 | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • The Good Life | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Crysis Remastered Trilogy | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Dungeon Encounters | PS4, Switch, PC
  • Puzzle 9 | Switch
  • Wild & Horror Pinball | Switch
  • InfraSpace | PC

Saturday, October 16

• Extreme Race | Switch

Sunday, October 17

• The Lightbringer | Switch, PC

Hey @Rock8man - I really appriciate these posts! Its nice to see whats upcoming the next week. Figured I never actually told you this, and you should know! So - Thanks!

Edit: As for releases, I am VERY interested in Book of Travels - it looks sufficiently slow for an MMO that I am intrigued.

Lone Echo 2 is this week as well isn’t it?

I woke up thinking there was something important releasing this week. Then I remembered it’s the Monster Hunter Rise PC demo on the 13th. Only an indirect wallet threat.

Finally, Riftbreaker releases, the wait has been forevers.

It is. Oct 12.

Oh wow, VR games! I’ll add it to the list.