Wallet Threat Level

Yah, same. New World is growing a little stale much more quickly than I had hoped at level 22.

Here’s an RPS Preview that I enjoyed.

Yeah, that just sounds so nice and calm. I can’t decide whether to get it now, or wait. I mean, they say they expect to be in early access for TWO YEARS…I worry about what is there right now then!

I have no clue if anyone’s wallet is under threat this week. These names are largely unknown to me. Are Oculus owners excited about Resident Evil 4? I’m not sure! Are people excited that Youtuber’s Life and The Caligula Effect are getting sequels? No clue! Are fans of Toy Soldiers lining up at virtual stores to get the HD version this week? I don’t know!

Monday, October 18

• Farming Life | PC
  • Summer in Trigue | PC

Tuesday, October 19

• Dying Light: Platinum Edition | Switch
  • Youtubers Life 2 | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac
  • Into the Pit | Xbox One, PC
  • Inscryption | PC
  • The Caligula Effect 2 | PS4, Switch
  • War Mongrels | PC
  • Angry Alligator | Switch
  • Duo Zombies | Switch
  • Regency Solitaire | Switch
  • Undying | PC
  • Escape Simulator | PC, Mac
  • Dead Estate | PC
  • Bunhouse | PC

Wednesday, October 20

• Spectacular Sparky | Switch, PC
  • Corpse Party | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Silver Chains | Xbox One
  • Energy Cycle | Xbox Series X/S
  • Sheepo | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
  • Klang 2 | PC
  • They Always Run | PC
  • Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again | Xbox One
  • BATS: Bloodsuckers Anti-Terror Squad | Switch
  • JARS | Switch
  • Crazy Gravity | Switch
  • Himno - The Silent Melody | PC
  • ELYON | PC
  • They Always Run | PC
  • Gravewood High | PC

Thursday, October 21

• Resident Evil 4 VR | Oculus Quest
  • Echo Generation | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Disciples: Liberation | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Evertried | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Skul: The Hero Slayer | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Monomals | Switch
  • Toy Soldiers HD | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Tandem: A Tale of Shadows | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend | PC
  • Endocrisis | Switch
  • Sakura Nova | Switch
  • Howling Village: Echoes | Switch
  • Yumeiri | Switch
  • Cards of the Dead | Switch
  • Growbot | PC, Mac
  • Spire of Sorcery | PC
  • Sword and Fairy 7 | PC

Friday, October 22

• The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • My Friend Peppa Pig | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Murder Diaries 2 | Xbox One
  • City Stunt Driver | Switch
  • Reminiscence in the Night | Switch
  • Pro Flight Simulator | Switch
  • Demon Hunter: Riddles of Light | Switch
  • Minigolf Adventure | Switch
  • Hourglass | PC
  • Alisa | PC, Mac

Oh my, this is finally getting out. Although the game demo a few months ago left me called, as it wasn’t at all what the game was supposed to be at first.

Is it related to Slay the Spire in any way? Or just trying to capitalize on that name not being copywritten?

Hell, it’s been in development before Slay the Spire even was in EA!
It started as a proper version of Eador (the sequel to Eador Genesis that got a troubled history and a shaky release), and the demo showed it had become a tactical RPG with quite sluggish overworld map movement on a small scale and with the strategy layer really stripped down, almost taken off.

Okay nevermind, it’s not a release: it’s an early access release, with an expected actual release for the end of 2025 2022.

This is the big hitter this week, really. C’mon, let’s jump in muddy puddles!

I honestly can’t figure out what the gameplay is.

What did it call you specifically?

It’s a 5-dimensional examination of the deepest depths of human nature. I don’t think there are many humans who can fully grasp the breadth of its modelling of human behavior and existentialist angst and the way its gameplay resembles a faux-fatalist view of human existence.

For most people, it will probably feel like you click at things and watch what happens until you’re Peppa’s best friend ever. Which says a lot about parasocial relationships in the modern era, really. But if the artistic creation it is based on is any indication, I’m absolutely sure it goes way deeper than that.

You’re so mean, I hadn’t had breakfast yet :’(

I’m a sucker for farming games, so this is a threat.

I’m always happy to see another Disciples game, so another threat here.

My only Disciples experience was with the first one. My roommate bought it, so I “played” it over his shoulder. He had a “hero”, and he recruited some. Fought a battle or two and barely won. It was turn based battles where he didn’t have many choices yet, so not much he could have done to do any better. And then there was a battle where the enemy hero came and killed him. We played it 3 times thinking we must have missed something obvious, and we clearly must have done, but we had no idea what it could be.

So it’s cemented forever in my head as “that series where you start a game, and then someone comes and kills you”. The End. Shortest game ever.

LoL yeah, I can understand that. It’s one of those games where you have to choose your battles very carefully to grow in strength and numbers. Like Might and Magic, where you leave some enemy stacks alone because you know your new hero recruit with 8 skeletons can’t take them down yet.
So in Disciples, you start out from your castle, and find the easy stacks first. Some stacks you’ll leave alone for quite some time.

Not me. But I’m not a Resident Evil fan. Owned but didn’t play for very long the GameCube version of RE4.

It will be the first time I play RE4, so I’m decently excited.

It’s widely accepted that Resident Evil 4 isn’t very good and you should just skip ahead to Resident Evil 5.

-Tom

Yeah I think I played a little bit of RE4 somewhere in the dim past, but if the VR is well-implemented I’ll almost certainly be checking it out.

I saw this on Digital Foundry and it seems pretty amazing that it even runs at all on a Switch! Looks like it runs pretty well, and looks quite faithful, so quite the miracle port. Superb game too. But it’s old and I’ve played heaps on PC already. :)

Regency Solitaire | Switch

Probably the best of this series after Fairway Solitaire? I’m kind of tempted for a double-dip but I’ll probably pass.

To me, it is the best of their games: Regency Solitaire is just so charming.