Well, if you've got 3 T4D/S/I keys you kinda want to stay there as long as possible to get that last Prime part you're missing, but for most pugs that means exiting after 30-40 minutes etc, simply due to the massive damage you're taking - with your own damage having less and less impact. With more frame damages now being switched from a % to a fixed number, that means that after a certain enemy level you're not able to continue anymore - no matter how many potatoes you put on your frame/gun/sentinel (Everyone uses carrier anyway..).
Sure, back in the days of Mesa/GreedyMAG on T4D you were pretty much just standing there and waiting for those two to kill everything, but T4D was pretty much always a 'farm until you get bored' type of deal anyway. If they move it to the new defence where you're trying to keep a NPC alive who keeps running around I wonder how long you can do T4D then...
One of the problems with the sorties is that they do not give you "completion" rewards for the mission, only if you do all 3 sorites. Say you do a flawless SPY mission with level 80 enemies... do you get a "Spy" reward (Rare Mod or similar) -- nope, but you get a chance to perhaps get a Minor Focus for a faction you dont want, after doing 1 hour of "content" and completing the daily sortie. The "RISK"/"DIFFICULTY" to "REWARD" ratio on Sorties is way off - and because of ridiculous level scaling on mobs compared to your own frame and the "nerf" to certain frames viability, it just becomes a chore.
A few days ago I believe the third Sortie was a mobile defense mission vs. Grineer. Think Nullifiers, Frost shields, Energy Drain, Boomers. Sorties as you know can be randomly queued and as such you have nearly no choice on group composition. Which means you pick the frame you "think" you might need for it, and hope the other 3 guys bring something of equal value to the table. So there we have it, a Trinity for EV/Blessing (pre-nerf), A Frost, and two randoms. By the end of the mission I had used 3 self-revives (As Trinity) because almost everything could one-two shot me, and as soon as the Frost bubble disappeared we were toast. The rest of the party didn't fare much better (I had 5 revives on my tracker, and I believe for the others it was 4, 3, 3). I also ran out of primary weapon ammo trying to kill the bastards - also ran through 10 large team energy restores and a few health pads... It has "always" been a problem with the game that certain frames are much better at doing content than others, but instead of fixing the core problem they are reducing those frames viability at said content -- which means nobody can do that content anymore.
If they are moving everything to LOS I'd like them to do that with nullifiers, auras and drains.
The content isn't "difficult" or "challenging" if your chosen frame can get one-shot by everything, and your return damage from class abilities or weapon fire is to have to empty the clip to kill the target and watching your main abilities do almost no damage at all..Sure you can CC, except half the map is covered with nullifiers. Of course, they want you to use synergy abilities to boost the rest of the party, but how often do you see that being used in PUG content. That is why you 'needed' some of the cheese frames to ensure that the PUG group could do a 60 minute survival instead of having to run away after 40 minutes. Alternatively they might as well have most of the missions automatically end once you hit level 100 enemies.
Would be interesting to try the raid after the change. Having a 50m range on Trinity heal and much reduced blessing will for most maps mean some people will die a lot more.
I did play it when it came out as a EV/Blessing Trinity and it was hectic.. and we ultimately failed. I tried it a few more times and we could never get it done - not to mention how the matchmaking for it was nearly broken. I am pretty sure that with the most recent change and a typical PUG it can not be done at all. And I would suspect that there is a very small number of players who did do it on Nightmare, and most of them can not do it at all any more.
Oh well, I'll still be doing "Casual" content with my frames, because I do not have the group to go higher... and now it seems I'll never be able to get "higher" tier content even if I did find the right group..
No idea how they will do DAMAGE 3.0/Scaling. There was some discussion on the Warframe forums regarding it, but 70% of the posts were negative feedback to 18.3 and the other 30% were people ridiculing the other 70%. :)