Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

I don’t think there are any doors on the Corpus archwing maps. There are some passageways that can be a bit tricky to find, especially since the icon on the minimap may not lead you directly to them.

My interpretation of the lore:

Orokin are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Orokin are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Orokin are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Orokin are glamorous. They project glamour.
Orokin are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Orokin are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said Orokin are nice.
Orokin are bad.

Ballas was a high up Orokin, and he was fall in love with Margulis, a lower level one (I think). The Orokin was too much into their own godlike shit, immortality and all, and they where ass as they where awesome. Margulis did a mistake, so they executed her. This made Ballas butthurt, hyperbutt hurt, has Ballas is specially ass. He secretly hated the Orokin, and wanted revenge. Things happened. The Orokin shot their own shot multiple times. Created the sentient (some sort of self-replicating drones) to terraform the next start. But they revolted because they where smart enough to know the Orokin where not good. The Orokin had a safeguard in the Sentient, they would lose the ability to reproduce if they return. To stop the sentient the Orokin took the technocite virus (a virus that infect both flesh and technology) and made it more powerful and used it has a massive destruction weapon. But this weapon evolved enough to lost control from the orokin, and started destroying the orokin too. Something happened, and a ship sent to the tau ceti colony got lost in the hyperspace (the void). The void is A Thing and made everyone crazy, except the childrens that somehow coped with that. The kids returned with void powers.

Top stop the sentient problem the Orokin created a new weapon, the warframes, by infecting soldiers by a version of the tecnocite virus that will not control the brain. And implating a remote control system in these bodies. A supersoldier project. Too bad the frames got rogue one way or another, all of them failures, imposible to control. Too wild.

Then they found the kids survivors from the Ten-10 ship lost in the void could control the warframes using void powers. So they had the kids in stasis capsules controlling the kids, in a dream like status, so they would forget about themselves but still easy to control. They would control the kids that would control the warframes.

Lotus was tasked with this task.

The warframes where really good at their job and they killed the sentient everywhere in the solar system. But where not happy about the atrocities the Orokin made them do.
They returned from war, and after the celebration, they killed every Orokin in the celebration.
They started killing Orokin, and that created enough chaos, that two of them decided to split and create their own faction, using one of the slave forces, he greener clones.

The Orokin where really smart, but they made too many mistakes, and everything failed at this point for them. They tried to escape to the void, but many of their ships where infected with the tecnocite virus, and turned into empty hulks over time, returning to normal space. Everyone tryiing to loot these ships would be brain controlled by the automated defense ship mechanisms.

It sheems Lotus is not some random orokin. She was a sentient. Ballas seems to believe this sentient is Morgulis reborn, so maybe the sentient sort of recreated Morgulis for Ballas. Ballas helped the sentient fight the Orokin and destroy the tenno controlling the warframes.

Unfortunally for him, Lotus was enough Morgulis that she was in motherly love with the tenno kids and did not executed that part of the plan, instead got into hidding, for hundreds of years, maybe millenia.

Ballas plan was a success, the Orokin destroyed, the sentient kind of lost, but also won, so they stayed in their system (tau ceti). The two rogue orokin that took control of the greener clone army had time to slowly turn that into a big army and conquer the whole system.

Until a smart greener called Vor was created that got interest into the Orokin technology for himself…

I’m really bummed.

I’m stuck on MR8 test for a week now. I love the movement in warframe, but I’m very bad at it. I never got the hang of bullet jumping and just can’t make past the high jump.

Use a programmable mouse and macro bullet jumps. It makes WF much less carpal-tunnellish!

I couldn’t play that game without my naga hex.

This (although I play on a Logitech G600). I just have Crouch set to one of the thumb buttons which makes it really easy to hit that right as I hit spacebar and bullet-jump with ease.

If you lack such a mouse, there are programs like autohotkey that should do the trick?

A week!? Are you taking advantage of the practice runs in the simulacrum?

I am pretty sure I will get stuck on a mastery rank somewhere, but so far I advanced trough 11. The last one I did flying with titania instead of jumping.

I used to check out the videos on the WIKI before doing the mastery rank once I realized that a failure would set me back 20+ hours before I could try again. Stuck at MR22 for ages now though.

I can’t use it yet. I just recently got into doing stuff for Simaris. Anyway I managed to complete it today so onward and upward.

Congrats!

Sorry, I meant the practice space in the Cephalon Simaris area, not the simulacrum itself. It is off to the right as you walk in, and IIRC you can practice MR tests all you like even without unlocking the simulacrum.

And congrats!

FWIW even if you’re stuck on one of the mastery tests, you can still level up gear and gain mastery xp which will count towards the next rank. I say this from experience, as I have definitely failed my share of mastery tests.

I’ve never failed a test. Always do practice first and don’t stop until you can pass it.

That’s good to know. I was holding off on leveling gear unnecessarily.

I’ll be looking for that, thanks.

I hate how tons of stuff in this game has huge artificial scarcity just for the sake of being rare.

This week there were three time limited events at the same time: Armada, acolytes and the void trader. Each one gives items significantly more powerful than you would otherwise get. The first two are not just time limited, but they have a limited amount of lives.

I did Armada probably 50 times and still didn’t get all of the mods. This also requires a decent amount of farming to get the materials needed to make the key.

I’ve done Torment and Malice 30ish times each and haven’t got either of the rarest mods to drop. I’ve done violence about 20 times now with the same.

Realistically i am not going to get these even if i spend the whole weekend farming them.

Rather than spending dozens of hours farming them, i think i am just going to buy them from other players for around $1.40 each. Then if i end up getting them, i can sell them a year from now for five times that.

Still, if you have the area unlocked, make sure you get everything except the most rare mod. I just got weeping wounds which sold for hundreds of plat before if i remember right and it is not that rare now.

The Razorback Armada is linked to the invasion mechanics, so it comes around every so often. If you didn’t get all the mods this time, you’ll have other opportunities.

Most of the mods and weapons (like the Vandal/Wraith stuff) that are hard to get were originally tied to unique one-time-only events. If you didn’t participate in the events and get the rewards when they happened, you were SOL.

Unsurprisingly, the limited availability of those items had been the source of much wailing and gnashing of teeth. DE has over the years re-introduced the event rewards and made them obtainable by other means. I suspect those means are intentionally difficult as an attempt to keep the items special to some degree.

New event: The Pyrus Project. On the PC version we’re rebuilding Earth’s orbital relay that was destroyed during the Eyes of Blight event. May be a different relay for the console versions.

A bunch of rewards for doing it, so get going.