Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Holy crap melee is an entirely different beast in this game. I’m not usually a sword and board kinda guy but it feels super good in this game, just gonna take a lot of getting used to.

Yeah, especially when you gib an enemy. Very meaty!!

Oh yeah. I mean it was nice to gib them from a distance but doing it up close is definitely a rush as well.

I can’t remember and a quick search isn’t giving me a good answer. I have Martyr and Prophecy in my library, which do I want to play? Aren’t they the same game, just a different campaign?

Edit: Ok so I just need to own Prophecy and all its stuff will show up in Martyr automatically apparently. It’s the same folder and .exe I guess.

Yeah just install Martyr.

So I went back to an Assassin for a seasonal character, and for the first time tried a shotgun. In most games I’m meh on shotguns, but I thought I’d try it here.

Holy. Shit.

I’m just mowing through mobs. So much slaughter. It is a DELIGHT. So violent and explosive and wonderful. I feel silly for not having tried this sooner I even respected to pour points into the AoE tree. It’s wonderful.

Picked this up during the Winter sale and I can’t figure out if I like the Shotgun or the Cathean Sword Assassin better. Both are a lot of visceral fun. I enjoy the rapid fire skill of the shotgun while dodging around. I feel like John Wick Pt 2 with that weapon. The sword’s channel skill is stupid effective at my level though.

Yeah I just that type of sword as my second weapon and it’s delightful.

I haven’t played in quite some time, but I absolutely loved the flamethrowers. Best flamethrower implementation I can recall in a video game.

I don’t know if they were a particularly good choice for weapons, but flaming Nurgle’s minions was just a joy.

A shotgun assassin? That’s an interesting build.

I’ve actually never dabbled with flamethrowers. I should give them a whirl. That’s on the Crusader, right?

Keeping in mind that I don’t have any end game characters but the lot of them 50+ the heavy gunner flamer crusader is the hardest hitting and safest of the lot of them. Spec’ing into AOE and DOT and taking all of the passives that support it you just wave the flamethrower in front of baddies and keep rolling on.

You guys have convinced me to get this whilst the winter sale is still active. Do I need the complete set, or is just Martyr and Prophecy enough?

That’s who I was running them on. I’m not sure if they’re an option for other classes.

One of the footprint dlcs adds extra flair and enjoyment, at least when I am playing. I use the seal.

Also helps to find your character on the screen when its filled with gibs, body parts, and blood. :)

Also I see awhile back they announced a new dlc class is coming in 2022.

The complete set adds a lot of content too in investigations, so it’s a steal at its sale price.

Is the console port ok or is this really a PC game?

I haven’t played a ton of it yet, but I have it for the xbox series x and am enjoying it. Can’t speak to if it plays better on PC though.

I tried it on the Playstation 4 and it was pretty choppy. I don’t think it was really optimized for consoles, at least the last generation. The PC version runs much better.

I’ve put 30 hours into this and am enjoying it a lot but there are definitely still some elements of the mechanics I’m not sure I understand. For example, as a psyker I’m generally using staffs or wands. These staffs and wands have a damage value assigned, but it doesn’t seem to have any clear connection to the damage done by the skills that these weapons give me. Similarly, I’m totally unclear what constitutes a ranged weapon - are wands and staves “ranged” in the sense relevant to that passive tree?