Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Humble has the complete collection for its usual lowest price of $19.99, or $16.39 if you’re a Choice member.

That’s a freakin’ steal. If you don’t have these, get this pronto.

I had been dabbling around with Undecember and thinking about other ARPGs but realized I hadn’t played WH40K:I-M very much, so I went back to it this week. I had forgotten what a great game this is.

Yay welcome back Inquisitor!

I was interested in that, but there are so many reviews saying it’s almost as P2W as Diablo Immortal. So I unwishlisted and forgot about it. Overreaction?

Haven’t played in quite a while but from what I remember you buy the game and play it. There is no P2W whatsoever, at least last time I played.

There’s no pay to win at all, WTF. There’s DLC that gives you more content and cosmetics but that’s it. Whoever told you that is a liar.

Undecembrer has a store where you could spend real money to get some sort of gems that you then spend on … something. My interest ran out at that point. There’s also a free and paid “battlepass” type of system, and daily rewards, etc, so even if it’s not P2W it’s got all the hallmarks of a game that is really trying to push you to spend money on it.

That’s nice and all, but Inquisitor has none of that and I’m not sure where you heard otherwise, because it’s never had any of that.

I think we’re getting all confused here, I believe the comment about P2W was directged towards Undecember, not WH40KIM.

Oh okay, apologies, I likely was getting my wires crossed.

You Undecember people get off my lawn!

It’s been a Long Undecember and there’s reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last?

I keep meaning to give this another shot. Tried to play it twice and didn’t get very far. It plays decently and the minute-to-minute action is good, I just think the setting (which I wasn’t familiar with) hasn’t hooked me for some reason.

I’ve been playing he heck out of Grim Dawn the past two months, well over 100 hours at this point (took me away from Elden Ring) and doing the DLC, but think I need to take a break so may give this another look. I think my attention span has been getting shorter the older I get and I find these loot-fest action RPGs tend to be the games I stick long-term with (Elden Ring aside) and actually finish. I tend to lose focus and then I

ISWYDT

I got fed up with the console bullshit and decided to just buy the Humble deal on PC, which also means I get to play Prophecy and the other DLC for the first time. Eldar! I’m fairly basic in my 40K tastes, so it’s delightful to be playing a game with some of the classic factions for once. So much of the recent stuff, including basic Inquisitor, is nondescript Chaos and Imperium.

We need a GOOD Dawn of War 3 so bad.

Hell, I’d be happy with a remastered DoW 1. That game was my gateway into 40K (at least video games. I’ve never had any interest in TT 40K).

But Inquisitor/Prophecy is an extremely acceptable 40K experience.

Edit: nevermind - I am not so good at reading - sorry!

On the chance you have not played it, WH40k Gladius is amazing. While it is not real time, it is essentially an RTS played in turns. DoW 1 was probably my favorite 40k until Gladius.

Woohoo, got my Shotgun of Judgment, so I’m ready to wreck face, or at least start preparing to wreck face. Speaking of which, now that I have all the DLC, what’s the best way to level post-70 these days? I’ve been doing Warzone stuff keeping pace with level, random missions with Tarot cards, and just now a Void Crusade to get the shotgun, but I think I might save the Voids until a bit later so that I can drop max level equipment.