Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

40% off and free weekend

DirectX 11 added.

Wrong thread. That’s for Mordheim: City of the Damned.

Whoops!

Anyone playing this weekend, I’d be up for a few rounds on PC if there is interest.

Its also on sale @ 50% off, $14.99

I patched it (think it clocked in at 5GB), if nothing else.

Might login tomorrow if I get some time.

FTP play this weekend!

That should help the player base, the 2 games I got in last week had only 1 other person join me.

Its a very enjoyable game, that almost captures that L4D feel to combat, just not quite as good.

Winter Wonderloot event is now in live!

Every day until Christmas we are gifting you some choice loot when you log in.

Now I just have to convince people to play again.

I’ll be logging in to get my loot for sure. I haven’t played around with the new quest system yet, but it looks pretty neat.

I am getting pretty respectable loot. I think their plan is working because I want to see what has changed since I last played.

This is in the next humble monthly, and I picked it up.

Any advice for people who are brand new to vermintide?

There’s a heavy attack that you utilize by holding down your left mouse button for around one full second. Get in the habit of prepping a heavy attack, moving forward a bit to hit the rats, pulling back and prepping another heavy attack and then moving forward again as you release it. Repeat over and over, in and out, in and out. Also, learn to block.

And stick together. This is not a game where there’s really any benefit to being in a different room from the rest of your party.

Fatshark just released their largest patch to date:

Ooooooooooo levels in a Dwarven Fortress? I’m in! Has anyone else been logging in for their free holiday loot? I’ve gotten some decent items and a few new helms/hats so far. Been pretty cool.

Every day! The free loot’s been great!

Apparently you can play the new Karak Azgaraz DLC without owning it. I joined a random game and was in the Chain of Fire level.

Yeah, the random games seem to be truly random, without regard to DLC ownership. Last time I fired it up I got thrown into a Drachenfels level and I have no DLC. (If I ever had a steady group to play with, it’d be worth it. As a solo/randoms experience I cannot say I like the game enough to expand it.)