Warner Bros fast-tracks live-action AKIRA

While you’re at a meeting, could you leave a copy of Snow Crash on the table? You never know . . .

H.

hahahah, I was going to say that as well.

Congrats Whitta.

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Haha, that’s what I wanted to post.

Congrats!

Wow, nice score, Gary. Congratulations! Sounds like a fun project.

Congratulations! We’re all invited to the premiere, right?

• Alan

Except that whole Kaneda/Testsuo love scene that happens behind the high school…

Well, good luck Gary, but seems to me like you have an impossible job. Live action anime? Doomed out of the gate.

I wish you fat cash though.

Wow. Congratulations and good luck, that seems like a pretty mindblowing score.

Amazing man. Good work.

I second the demand for a picture of you hugging the script.

You’d better, that’s probably going to be the happiest time you’ll ever have in the entire process, except for getting the checks.

— Alan

Oh ye have so little faith in the live action Dragonball movie.

I mean, so do I, but still…

Leonardo DiCaprio as Kaneda and Joseph Gorden-Levitt as Tetsuo…interesting choices. I can completely see Levitt in the role, but I’m trying to picture DiCaprio and finding it difficult. Still, he’s a good actor despite what a lot of people like to say, so I’m sure he’ll wrap himself around the part. I wonder, though, why go caucasian with the leads for the movie set in Neo Tokyo?

Great to hear that QT3 is continuing on it’s path of taking over the world!

That said, good luck Whitta. All the bad story’s about scripts being bought and the writer embraced, only later to hear they were pushed aside and the director did something different makes me hope you have better luck.

Congrats, and yes, there must be a script hug.

You gotta make 'em Hells Angels wanna-be’s and have them ride Harleys. Wouldn’t that be awesome?

— Alan

Wow, mega-congrats, Gary!

Oh my god there needs to be choggle pants in this.

And grats.

We need a picture of Gary wearing Akira-pants, not choggle-pants.

And congrats! Though the anime bored me to tears I’ll go see the movie.

Quarter To Three is about to E-X-P-L-O-D-E!

Don’t know about the manga but the anime was pretty much crap. Good Luck!