What 5 movies would you want to watch at pretty much any time?

Hey, nice to see some love for Signs!

My list:

1. Jaws
  2. Alien
  3. Back to the Future 1
  4. Let the Right One In
  5. Top Secret

Even the opening credits are awesome.

I also think of my favorite movies in these terms. In no order:

Blade Runner
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Triplets of Belleville
Under the Skin
Infinity War

In no order

Stripes
Zulu
Big Trouble in Little China
Blues Brothers
Kelly’s Heroes

Those five are one’s that I can (and do) go back to even over newer movies that I haven’t seen.

LOOOOVE this movie! I put it up there with Airplane! in terms of ZAZ’s best work (along with the Police Squad! TV series).

“Only a year ago I was teaching a course in black history at the University of Blaupunkt.”

Heh, such a great line.

Wait… does Blaupunkt still exist?? I haven’t heard that name in well over a decade.

The Shining

Taxi Driver

The Dark Knight

No Country for Old Men

The Fifth Element

Agreed. I recall not liking the movie when I first saw it, but it grew on me after a couple viewings, and now I rather enjoy it.

1. Any of them.
    2. just 2
    3.image
  2. image
  3. image

honorable mention.

image )

It’s a hard list for me because I buy movies to watch over and over again.

Aw damn, that is one of my absolute favorite movies. Good call.

Galaxy Quest, great pull!

Underworld! Total guilty pleasure. Too bad the sequels were all terrible. It was just add to Amazon Prime, I think- I was tempted, but watched Byzantium instead. So I guess by definition, it doesn’t make this list?

1. Miller’s Crossing
  2. Angel Heart
  3. Dr. Strange
  4. Pulp Fiction

I know Dr. Strange isn’t the best Marvel movie. But I like modern magic/fantasy stuff, and Butterscotch Cummerbund, and I was a big fan of the comics when I was kid “By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!”, etc., and is just an easy comfort movie.

Pitch Perfect? Really? lol. that would be in my top 5 as well. But So would be Captain America : Winter Soldier (the best marvel movie by far )

Raising Arizona

The Bridge over the River kwai. Because Alex guiness is the best of us. A Patrick Stewart before he even started acting…and I always loved William holden.

I think “Glory” would be my last of five, because Denzel and because of the way the movie was made.

If I was disqualified of Glory I would take Man on Fire. Because Denzel and also because of the amazing video editing.

But god I loved this one --I read every book (ok --listened on audible)

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

2. Sunshine

3. Alien

4. Jerry Maguire

5. Thin Red Line

Singing in the Rain (this is a class of its own, the others don’t quite compare)
The Apartment
The Spirit of the Beehive
Blade Runner
Die Hard

Kingdom of Heaven
I, Robot
Groundhog day
The Mummy (the first one)
Saving Private Ryan (and, for that matter, Band of Brothers).

I also tend to watch every Star Trek movie when I stumble upon one. But Kingdom of Heaven is absolutely number one. I even watch the dvd every now and then. Not because it’s good, because it isn’t really, just because I always enjoy it. Or, more importantly, it has no bits that I don’t enjoy…

Edit: Blade is also a contender. I bet I could think of heaps of other movies that I can always rewatch aswell, if I tried…

Aliens
The Breakfast Club
Hard Boiled
Top Secret!
True Romance

Edit: Office Space gets a honorable mention as I actually re-watch it every other year or so.

That’s a good choice but if I had to choose only one Mike Judge film for this list I’d probably have to go with Idiocracy.

“Don’t worry scrote - there are plenty of tards out there living totally kickass lives. My wife was tarded - she’s a pilot now.”

I read once that they meant to continue this as an ongoing movie franchise of some kind. That would have been awesome.

Several have brought this one up. If i could channel surf I would probably stop on this every time.

Another one I have watched for decades. I own it digitally too.

I really enjoy watching this one over and over again too. I watch IW these days a lot too but there is something about Dr. Strange that makes it just enjoyable by itself.

My little sister has never seen this. I recommended she give it a go. I tried to explain that there was a time when Cuba wasn’t in horrifically bad movies and Tom Cruise was known for something other than his religion and mission impossible movies, with or without mummies.

Oh god yes. Especially once we get to the part on the ship, Roddy, the opera, the explosion of color and energy is impossible.

Everything after Leelo Dallas Multipass is impossible to turn away from.