What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

Probably not in 2017 but this looks different and promising.
http://burdenofcommand.com/

Ohhhhh, looks very Close Combatey, so I’m totally in. Thanks!

I saw that the other day. If it’s a different enough approach it could get me playing a WWII games again. Oh, and the trailer definitely says “2018”.

Oddly, they don’t mention Close Combat as an inspiration. My colleagues and I were discussing Close Combat the other day and how there really haven’t been any games come out that matched the feel of it. I’d love to see a modern Close Combat.

Squad Leader was totes the inspiration for Close Combat, so…

It’s turn-based though, which is generally a plus in my book, but not very Close Combat-like.

So July has two games I’m interested in - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (finally coming out for the PC!), and Pyre, a.k.a. the next game from the makers of Bastion and Transistor.

And that’s pretty much it. I might be forgetting something though. ;)

Ah, shit, Pyre comes out this month?

My original list (above) keeps growing. I also forgot about the XCOM 2 expansion. This is heating up to be a really hot second half of the year for me, mostly due to picking up a PS4 and a Switch during the early parts of 2017 and blowing open my gaming options.

Indeed it does.

My thoughts on Bastion and Transistor mirrored @tomchick for once. That doesn’t happen too often. So I’m going to wait for Tom’s review on Pyre before I let myself feel excited.

Well, I am in the middle of selling our home in SC for a job relocation to the Orlando, FL area. On vacation this week and working on getting an apartment lease as I may move ahead of the family sooner than expected. Did not get a lot of time to play anything so only fiddling a bit.

Currently there is no tutorial which makes it harder for me to get started. I am sure I could figure it all out given more time and a youtube video or two.This is a preview for backers copy of the game so I am not sure what will be added so take my comments with a grain of salt.

The basic UI appears simple and easy to discern the various functions (such as Industry, farm, town, castle tabs). There does not appear to be a right mouse menu system. I would have thought I could right click to pick some basic choices such as lay out roads. The lack of the a right mouse function did throw me a bit as that is what I tried first to see what I should start with.

I selected the easy setting to try to learn; I installed a few road tiles, one farm and one hovel and then ran out of wood. Seems like there is not enough resources to build some basic items (especially on easy). I am probably missing something obvious or maybe build a wood cutter first.

I really love the artwork and atmosphere. It is really a charming and beautiful game. I look forward to getting into it when I can discover more time.

I think this is a trend as it eases the migration from PC to Touch Pad.

Thanks for the early feedback. It sounds like you have your hands full, but you don’t need to give QT3 an exhaustive review until July 18th, so take your time.

Seriously though, good luck with all the real-life stuff.

All the truly creative indie titles we haven’t even heard of yet.

Are these getting harder and harder to find?

I saw those graphs on how Steam had more games come out in 2016 than all of time put together. So that must mean the gems are getting harder and harder to find, surely?

Not if you’re willing to put a little effort into it. Being semi-retired and working from home helps. Every morning I check the upcoming new releases for things that might look interesting. If anything catches my eye I’ll start checking out the website and any available videos and see if it’s worth following up on. Eventually I’ll either write a title off, put it on my wishlist as a reminder, or purchase it on the spot.

I do the same thing again later in the day checking on titles that just went live in case I missed something.

I spend more time hunting for hidden treasures than I do playing them.

Final additions?!?!?!
Raid: World War II
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Elex

So what games are set to come out as the big holiday releases this season?

Cuphead just came out, I’m planning on picking that up this weekend.
Hob just came out.
Agents of Mayhem recently came out, I plan to pick that up soon once I get time for it.
Destiny 2 just came out, I got that.
Forza 7 just came out, sorta.

Wolfenstein II
Evil Within 2 is the other Bethesda games release
South Park II
Assassin’s Creed VII is the other big Ubisoft release
Battlefront II
Need For Speed Payback is the other EA Games release
Call of Duty XIV
Shadows of Mordor II
Lego Marvel Super Heroes II is the other WB release
LA Noire remake is the big 2K release for the holiday I guess
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground is the big Microsoft release left now that Cuphead and Forza 7 are out
Uncharted: Lost Legacy recently came out
Gran Turismo: Sport is the big other Sony release left
Super Mario Odyssey is the big Nintendo release coming up

OK, that list was a lot longer than I was expecting. As I was typing, it just kept growing. So lots of big releases still to go for the year.

These should fill out the rest of the year quite nicely. Guess it’s clear where I fall on the sp/mp scale.

But you never know what will go on sale on BF.

The BETA for this was not good, and the game released this week. I suggest avoiding till it hits $10 or less. Just doesn’t feel like they had this in the oven long enough.

Otherwise , yeah still quite a few must haves coming out this year. I can’t wait to see end of the year top 10 good/bad lists.