What the.... Hellgate: London returns

I never explicitly patched it so I suspect it is patch-free. If there’s a built in auto-patcher, then perhaps I am running with the patches.

I bought the game at launch, but it stayed in my backlog until recently due to the reception it got from gamers, so I wasn’t expecting to like this game all that much. But I started getting into it quite a bit and don’t really feel it needs patching. I’m sure the patches (if I don’t already have them) improve the game and I’ll probably install them if and when I try another character out.

Strongly suggest anyone playing the original version (i dont know anything about this one) patch with both official patches and the revival patch. They greatly improve the experience.

The revival patch even enables the premium content for single player so you can use all of those somewhat decent “ELITE MEMBER ONLY” items.

Both patches? I only found one really big one. :-\

Well, i don’t remember if there is one or two, but get both the official patch(s) and the fan revival patch.

So this thing is supposed to go live- well the beta I think today. I had grabbed the client off a torrent and got it installed- as of last nite you could watch the intro (which for some reason is one of my favorite game intros ever) and get to the options page-- but the servers were off line.

Just wondering if anyone has a chance to give it a go today and tell us how you like it.

I played the Hellgate Ressurection beta this weekend. I missed out on all the servers down and lag that kicked it off. I was only able to play the last day which was rock solid with a small log in queue… I had only planned to play long enough to, log in check out all the skill trees and see what changed since the new owners took it over, mostly out of curiosity.

I ended up really enjoying the game and playing much longer than I expected to. The beta ended, and I found myself wondering two things:

1. When will this thing go live, I want to play it!

2. How much will this game nickel and dime me and hamstring play without visiting their cash store.

Unless the restrictions are extreme, I’ll be fine to pay for some extra inventory and play the hell out of this game. I had a good time.

Observations:

-same awesome variety of weapons mods and amor, I think FSS did an A+ job with this part of the game and it is continued

-the character faces and models seem to look much better and with more customization

-early quests are changed a bit

-seems to be some new variety in maps, I found at least one or two new maps just leveling to lev 8

-some randomly generated bosses are annoying, like teleporting + regenearting mobs. Still no biggie you can usually just run past those or reset the map.

they made pet AI much much better.

My .02. I found myself really enjoying it as well. I like the fact that I can run a few missions, complete things in a relatively short time and be done if I have to…or keep going.

I never got the chance to group up so no comments on that but I am looking forward to that part of the game.

It’s fun to shoot lots of things…yeah nice variety of weapons, upgrades, armor etc…and from what I could see, they don’t overly gimp the free play game version too much-eg my current gun has 5 augment slots, 3 I can use and 2 I have to pay for. Not bad.

I did a bit of crafting- found a nice schematic for a gun as a drop- managed to put that together.

My only complaints were- the guns seem to need a bit more “oomph” Maybe it is sound or visual issue- I just wanted a bit more. The only other thing that kinda bothered me was my character animation when running or walking. The weird hip swivel just seemed odd looking to me-otherwise the detail was nice. I did think they could have spent more time making the British Museum looking like a museum.

I am ready for this thing to launch. Oh and one other thing, it works great as something to do while I am waiting for my Rift queue to pop. So glad I upgraded my hardware.

Signed up, applied for beta or whatever. Downloading client now. We’ll see where this goes.
Hope it’ll be good.

Beta servers were up at last weekend only so far. Not sure when the servers are next up, but I can’t wait. I really enjoyed it, got as far as been given the Millennium Battle quest, crafted a few items, attended an event* and picked up 2 large backpacks.

• A GM running up and down a platform dropping stuff, with a conga line of players following.

ROFL. Sounds hawt.
Finishing the installation now.

Hmm, when you install it prompts you to select a region, currently only available choice was North America. I hope they’re not going to try and do regional segregation.
The install itself is called Hellgate Global, so it’ll be somewhat disappointing if it were.

I’m pretty sure you missed the beta period.

The first phase of closed beta, yes. But there’ll be an open one for sure. And perhaps a second phase of CB before that.

Yeah I missed the conga line…dang.

I just reinstalled my copy of Hellgate. What exactly does the Revival patch do? The only thing I could find was this FAQ, and it doesn’t really say what it does.

The only files I could find are these here. Is that everything you need?

OBT went live yesterday, but during US time so I was asleep when the servers went up. I will definitely be playing this weekend.

I fired it up for a bit yesterday…ran great, lots of people on, chat is still…well reminds me of the trade channel in WoW.

I am really looking forward to finally get past level 10 in this thing.

Login queues already?

Yup. And then some…

Any way to get the original game other than some warez channel or whatever?
I mean, the solo experience.
Would’ve been nice of Hanbitsoft to include it in their re-distribution of the game client. Would also make for good (more or less) publicity for the online/MMO portion.

I decided to give it a try this weekend. Well something is broken. The game was slow and non-responsive. It would take 20 clicks to get anything to work. I spent 30 minutes creating my character (when it should have taken 5) and then it crashed when I hit submit.