When do the next generation GPUs drop?

I imagine you would be fine waiting for the next gen or 2 before ray tracing really hits its stride.

It’s happening gif!

9 more games added to the RTX list:

• Ark: Survival Evolved
  • Atomic Heart
  • Darksiders III - Newly added
  • Dauntless
  • Deliver Us The Moon: Fortuna - Newly Added
  • Fear The Wolves - Newly Added
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Fractured Lands
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice - Newly added
  • Hitman 2
  • Islands of Nyne
  • Justice
  • JX3
  • KINETIK - Newly added
  • Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries
  • Outpost Zero - Newly Added
  • Overkill’s The Walking Dead - Newly Added
  • Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds
  • Remnant: From the Ashes
  • SCUM - Newly Added
  • Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Stormdivers - Newly Added
  • The Forge Arena
  • We Happy Few

Ok last one for now…

Much better than expected. The 2080ti is a monster, with a very nice bump over 1080ti. Same with the 2080 over the 1080. I was so very close to pulling the trigger on a 1080ti and now I’m very glad that I did not.

The raytracing silicon is just icing on the cake. In any case, this will be a huge upgrade over a 970.

Hopefully we see some DCS benchmarks soon.

Gotta wonder if they lowballed the performance in rumor leaks to sell a “way better than anyone expected!” storyline. . .

Better than expected based on recent leaks, but less than I was originally anticipating based on the previous generational jump. The 1080 was vastly better than the 980Ti. The 2080 is slightly better than the 1080Ti.

I understand why – they’ve made a strategic decision to dedicate resources to raytracing – but it’s still a bit disappointing. Especially since it’s taken so long for the 20XX generation to arrive.

No kidding, I don’t know if I’m screwed if I wait, or if I’m screwed if I don’t wait.

My understanding is those benchmarks are comparing FE vs FE, and the 2080 and 2080TI FEs are coming out of the gate overclocked where as the 1080 FEs did not. If that’s the case then that skews things a bit (though not sure how much).

I dunno. It doesn’t seem reasonable to always expect as big a jump as the 10s were over the 9s. My only complaint for this latest gen is the pricing.

Yeah, the 10 series had a massive drop in transistor size. Didn’t it go from 28nm to 14nm? That alone allowed them to cram so much more computing power on the chip with a corresponding drop in power consumption and heat. The 20 series might refine that, but expecting it to be a similar leap isn’t reasonable, in my opinion.

Those graphs come from Nvidia’s official reviewers’ guide and should be taken with a truckload of salt.

If they are representative then I agree, Nvidia did a fine job with the 11 series.

Here’s a good RTX demo i came across.

RTX2080Ti availability moved back 1 week.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1071605/geforce-rtx-20-series/geforce-rtx-2080-ti-availability-update/?ncid=so-twi-rx20tdl-58775

keeps hitting F5 on EVGA order page

:)

Well @BrianRubin my non-Ti RTX 2080 is scheduled for delivery on 9/24/18, according to Amazon. This is the most I’ve ever spent on a single PC component.

Someone better buy my GTX1080 when I offer it for sale! :D

Hey me too! Yay!

It’s rather confusing. I have a 970 and from what I can tell, unless I want to spend a lot of money, there’s not much that would give me a real boost. Especially in the less than $400 range.

What is the performance jump from a 970 to a 1070?