When do the next generation GPUs drop?

Those 3-fan cards are crazy long, aren’t they?

11.5 inches usually.

Ugh. And sometimes on top of that, the geniuses put the auxiliary power connectors off the end of the card (I hope that’s not the case with this one).

Heh. On my last rig, I actually had to shop specifically for a card that had the connectors come off the end of the card, as I had room for them there.

The standard design, where the connectors are on the side, were too close to the side panel, and when I’d close the panel, they’d get jammed against it, making me worry that the wires coming off the connectors would eventually start to break.

I chatted with an Amazon rep on the status of my card being delivered on Monday, they said it was not guaranteed, but pretty sure stock will be in for delivery sometime next week. :(

Tempted to cancel my pre-order now that the entire 2080 release seems like a clusterfrack.

It still performs okay from everything I’ve read. The question is whether it’s worth the cost, and that’s always a question right? This is also founders so it’s higher anyway. I guess the question is, if you got it next week, would you be unhappy?

No I am sure I’d be happy with the 30% performance bump. Just irritated with how its all being handled.

Now that the reviews are out, I am kind of moved by 2080. Ti is even more expensive and powerful but 2080 is about the threshold I am willing to pay as down payment for future. Without raytracing it already handily beat 1080.

Since my money isn’t burning a hole in my pocket, I am inclined to wait and see what 2070 can bring, what AMD can offer, and more real world application of new features of the new cards.

I’m happy standing pat with my 1080 for at least a year longer. It handles 1440p G-Sync gaming with aplomb.

Make that two of us. My 1080 is perfectly functional at 1440p and still routinely clocks over 60 FPS, so until it starts to struggle I’m in no rush to swap it out.

RTX 2080 should be here Monday or Tuesday, Amazon said its enroute.

Also seems the Trump Tariffs kick in tomorrow, card prices will be going up for some manufacturers.

I know this is the wrong forum but EFF THOSE TARIFFS IN THE EAR.

That’s just to encourage us to buy all those American-made graphics cards instead!

You mean one of these?

I see jaggies, obviously no AA is being used.

Clearly it would benefit from deep learning temporal antialiasing, where a super-intelligent AI projects a super-sampled 8k image then predicts the future to determine which way the player will etch his or her sketch.

You joke but check out this video:

Whoa, I wasn’t aware the 2070 series will not support SLI.

Nvidia is just really trying to gain more “fans” aren’t they? You can’t even go to a deal site anymore for any Nvidia card and not see the anger.

What is the draw of SLI, anyway? Per all accounts it’s what, 15% better framerate but you’re paying 100% more for a second graphics card. How does it not make more sense to just buy a better single card?