When do the next generation GPUs drop?

Totally agree. I’m perfectly happy with framerates others consider lousy, but love gsync because there’s no more tearing and things feel smoother than they otherwise would.

Interesting thing recently. I’ve been having an issue recently with Anthem (yeah, I know, surprise, surprise). It actually started with a indows update causing performance issues. I lowered some graphics settings and rolled back the update. This ended up boosting my framerates.

After that, I started having severe input lag. I had that before with this game on occasion, but this was getting awful, like 5+ seconds with no control over the character on screen. I now believe this is because the game doesn’t prioritize input controls and the framerate was higher (not that high, but reasons) than my old cpu can keep up with. I have now cranked the graphics settings way up so it is mostly low 30s instead of pushing into the 50s and no more input lag.

I would just like to say Division 2 runs really well at 1080p60 on my tried and true Radeon RX480 4GB.

Pretty sure I’ve seen that same headline for the last five years.

“Could” have the specs. Of course it could, the question is will it. My money is on no.

Sure, a few years from now AMD will release a card that will beat Nvidia 2080s. :D

I heard that AMD’s new card could beat up your dad with my dad, so neener neener!

Not sure if this the the right thread to ask this. But I’m thinking of buying a new GPU for the first time in seven years and it seems the world has changed and no one wants to do exhaustive write-ups comparing twenty almost identical graphics cards (can’t imagine why).

Assuming I’m set on buying a Geforce 2060 RTX (or maybe a 1660) how do I pick which specific manufacture or model?

Start with this , lots of reviews out.

EVGA / Gigabyte / Asus / Nvidia (direct from maker) some of the big names.

Thanks, this looks like just the ticket!

That looks like a bad April Fool’s joke.

Yes :)

I’ve also been looking at getting the 2060. From what I’ve read EVGA has the best customer service so I’m probably going with them. My 970 was also from EVGA and it’s been solid.

I typically go with EVGA, Asus, or Gigabyte, whichever one has the best deal for one down from the fastest overclocked card at the time.

Reading up on the 2060, it seems like ZOTAC Twin Fan might be the preferred $350 card (I’m not clear why though, noise maybe?). And that the ASUS ROG STRIX is the best expensive version, with near silent running and factory overclocked to be almost as fast as a 2070.

So now I have to make a choice. Near silent running sounds pretty good…

I have heard bad things about ZOTAC and would try to avoid them.

Newegg has a MSI, gigabyte, and EVGA all at $349. The EVGA is single-fan though. I would probably go with the MSI or Gigabyte.

There is a reason Zotac is the cheapest. It doesn’t seem worth the risk to me. Evga, Giga, Asus. MSI I’ve heard is iffy but not as bad as Zotac.

EVGA all the way for me. Their customer service is just superb. I was having trouble either with my new GTX 1080 or my EVGA power supply, it could have been either. I was able to call tech support and immediately get someone really smart who helped me out. On Sunday. During the Superbowl.

EVGA immediately shipped me both a new power supply and GTX 1080 to make sure I was good to go, I just had to return my current parts once I received the replacements.

It’s pretty much EVGA for me for the foreseeable future.

I’ve had good experiences with evga as well. I imagine I will keep buying from them until that changes.