When do the next generation GPUs drop?

On another note, what is the deal with the $150 “sold” “brand new” GPUs all over the completed sale ebay listings on accounts with history? How does that scam work? Hijacked accounts that will take the money and run?

GTX 1080 in stock at newegg at MSRP!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487244&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=gtx_1080--14-487-244--Product

The GTX 1080 MSRP is $499. Has been since march 2017.

Don’t know if all the OEMs bothered dropping their prices after that, though, as mining really pick up shortly thereafter.

Oh… Thats right , I am recalling founder edition prices were $100 more.

Still… This is selling for easily $800-900 from 3rd parties.

Seems the card MSRP is $589.99 due to custom cooler and overclock. So… close to MSRP. ;)

Already out of stock, and the price shows at 609.

Well that didn’t last long. :P

This is how it works now. So many people have the out of stock cards on alert status now that within minutes of Newegg updating that they have more in stock at MSRP (or slightly above) they sell out. Could be it’s miners, more likely it’s people buying them up to resell to miners on Ebay at $800+ a pop.

So gross. I can’t wait till this damn bubble bursts. It has to, right? There’s only so much shady shit to buy online, after all. The rest is all speculation on the alt-coins themselves.

This site worked for me in the past to get a video card, but it was before the craze and it was a 1060 so less in demand.

https://www.nowinstock.net/

It sends alerts before NewEgg, at least.

It’s also good for checking stock. It found this in stock 1080 for instance ($649):

That includes a link to this:

747s full of gpus :( fuck miners

And OOS already. :D

Wow!

So definitely sign up for the service alerts at the site or just leave it open while your at a PC and wait for the beeping to start (a’la woot off alerts).

Edit: Showing in stock for me again… keep hitting that refresh button. NewEgg is really bad about stuff going in and out of stock as they scan

Ah nice, in stock again! :D

I’ve heard nvidia’s website will have cards in stock once in a while, and you’ll definitely pay MSRP there.

I think I will just play older games for a few more years.

I have a 3 year old R9 295x2 that recently sprung a leak in the radiator. I contacted the manufacturer but they didn’t have any spare coolers and suggested I look for 3rd party solutions. I tried ebay with the intent of finding a dead card with a working cooler, but instead I see listings of my card selling for $800~$1000 to those miners. This is a 3 year old, power thirsty video card that has been surpassed by today’s offering but those foolish miners are willing to fork over a grand for one.

1. I will never go with liquid cooling again.
  2. Fuck cyrpto currency miners
  3. Fuck me for not having a working card to sell to those suckers :(

Right now I’m back to my old SLI GTX 660s and they can barely manage Witcher 3 in 1440p with everything turned down. They do ok in 1080p but I still have to turn down the eye candy to maintain at least 30 FPS. Fortunately the two games I’m hooked on at the moment, Rimworld and Cold Waters, run just fine.

That 295x2 had a launch price of $1500, so… yeah. Anyway it performs roughly equivalent to a GTX1070 on games that scale well with SLI, so I would setup an alert on nowinstock.net and grab a 1070 or better whenever one pops up.

Also I would sell your old card on eBay, just tell people the radiator needs to be replaced but it otherwise works great. I bet you get $700 easy.

Edit: Just checked Nowinstock and here’s a Zotac 1070ti in stock for $539. Grab that. I can’t link directly to newegg here as it shows out of stock if I do, but it’s still in stock right now from the nowinstock link at 6:03PM.

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070ti/

Never sold anything on eBay before. Isn’t a wretched hive of scum and villainy where sellers are easily scammed and eBay always sides with the buyer?

I’m married into the Freesync family at the moment. Last year my generic IPS gaming monitor died and I needed something to replace it right away because gaming is critical. Fry’s had an ASUS Freessync 1440p monitor so I snapped that one up.

Yes, it is. I guess you have to roll the dice.

AMD cards tend to be much better for mining so they’ll be harder to find. You might have to wait awhile.

I wonder how much this will cost: