Who do I talk to about Chromehounds?

Because I fell for false advertising lol.

Also my country just got squished by both sides, now its even harder to find a mission. Well fine, this is how it stands.

I buy the game. I start up, i’ve played through most of the plodding single player for the scout class, which really just seems to be there to teach me how to drive in a circle and not drive off cliffs.

I start a clan, I get one person to join. My side loses its capital so I cant buy things, sell things, and the rewards for rookie/normal missions is what, 8000 creds at best. I want to do an online online mission in the ‘WAR’ but all that’s left is guerilla stuff and my other clan mate lost a match and got dinged for thousands in creds he didnt have so now he’s broke. I suppose the consolation is that he cant buy things anyway.

So now I dont want to play in the WAR because ill just end up so broke that when the shops open up in the event we shove both nations kicking our asses out of just our capital, I wont be equipped to do upgrades if I need to. The alternative is a rookie/normal mission set with rewards that honestly dont equal the effort.

Then I am informed micro-transactions will begin to create a barrier between people who will blow hard earned money on weapons and armor and people who just dont think its worth it. Rich vs the Dirty Poors indeed. As if competing against jobless college students wasn’t enough for a casual.

end rant

Now im sure some of you will say something curt n sassy to show me that im a bad gamer and follow it up with some winks n smiles, but Chromehounds is so far providing very little in the fun department.

Even the workable scout roles basiclaly rely on weapons that belong to defenders/soldiers to have a place (spikes).

Why didn’t you join Morskoj and try and get into the QuarterToThree Squad?

Because im barely ever at this forum and didnt hold getting into squad with Qt3 people as a high priority. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess…

You really are angry aren’t you?

only sometimes, you wouldnt think on the weekends but…

Ok, so I searched for the QuarterToThree squad on Morksoj and Tarakia and it’s not showing up. That because it’s full? What’s the backup squad(s)?

Dont you mean BACKOV SQUAD loooooooooooooolz

:lol

Some people can be pissed off at the world while riding a roller coaster and eating birthday cake. Others can have fun in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles. The experience is what you make of it.

If you enjoy building robots then piloting them on a field of battle, and you want to compete against others that enjoy the same, then Chromehounds is a game for you. If you’re looking for RPG levels of depth in a class of robot that was designed only to capture com towers, lure the enemy and be a lookout, you’ve bought the wrong game.

That said, I’ve played as scout with much success with squads of 3 or 4 players. The one I built was very light, having 1 or 2 weapons at most. It went about 320 to 340. I would use it to capture COMBAS towers, increasing my squad’s communication and taking it away from the enemy. This build was also good for blasting the “trash” defensive units around enemy bases to make way for my squadmates and identifying which base the enemy was using. If you pilot one well, a scout will get hit very little, but it will also experience very little action. Often I wound up being the last survivor on my team and was forced to win by having more COMBAS towers and letting time run out.

As part of a team, a scout can be handy and mean the difference between victory and defeat. As part of a pair, it’s like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Hope that helps.

Ok, after 3 freelance missions my squadmember is out of the hole! yay! but he doesnt wanna do real missions right now cause of going bankrupt again. Wish freelance missions were fun.

First 3 minutes:
“Yay killed one, this is fun”
“Yeah! Guns!”

Next 3 minutes:
“why do they always shoot my legs, I cant put armor there”
“Lol im on fire, look at my guns!”
“haha sparks im sparking, lets split up”

Last 4 minutes:
“Where are you at?”
“somewhere…”
“see any?”
“no…”
“But the mission isnt over”
“maybe I shoulda put some detection equipment on this boat”
“but then we’d die”
“yeah kinda…”

Mission Complete!

10 minutes = 8000 creds

“huh”
“yeah”

I do have fun building mechs, I do have fun driving them around, but the options for people who are new to the game are pretty bleak. I mean I had to come to some message board on a forum run by a group not affliliated with Sega to try and find clues on how to do well in this game. Thats just sloppy gaming infrastructure

You’re doing the wrong missions if you want money. Use “launch mission” choose a hot zone and then do ready->start vs cpu. You’ll get about 150-190k 1v1 and it’s not any harder than those stupid individual missions.

Im reduced to guerilla warfare at this point, can I still do 1 vs 1 computer?

I tried doing a vs computer match and I was against tons of mechs, it was a mission thing tho not some hotzone 1vs1 deathmatch.

Nah, it’s lots of mechs but they’re the crappy two or three shot ones. Then there’ll be one actual AI mech that takes a lot of shooting near his base.

I went into a mission in the ‘war’ in one of the 3 ‘sectors’ of my capital overrun by another country, what do the green dots represent? I went into the mission and was doing ok but then this huge mech just blindsided me and destroyed my cockpit. I have a fair bit of armor covering everything.

Oh well, ill try and find some more squad members. I cant leave my country for two weeks cause my squadmember switched sides to join me. :(

“Waaaa…everyone else can play the game but me…it must be the game!”
Seriously, this is a pretty stupid way to play, don’t you think? Do you have some sort of learning disability, because if so I’ll stop making fun of you. Ask just about anyone on this board and they’ll tell you without flinching that I’m among the biggest idiots here. Yet I picked up the game, played some single player, then played online. I started with the same crappy mech you did. I didn’t read the manual. I did’t have any uber leet tutors to show me the ropes. Yet I currently own almost every part in the game. I’ve gotten most of the medals, donated $10 million and am almost up to my second ten million. I did all this without whining for help on the forums, and I’m not the only one. Apparently thousands and thousands of players are able to enjoy this game. Yet, it’s broken and no fun for you. So where do you think the problem lies? It’s not that hard to figure out.

I think the problem is your big stupid face that keeps talking about meaningless video-game achievements as if I care.

You can reply back with ‘touché’ whenever.

Mr. Face, if you’re not enjoying it, trade it in. If you’ve got any direct questions about the game, we’ll be happy to answer them for you, and if we’re feeling particularly friendly, we might not even mention it if they’ve already been answered in another thread, but at this point it sounds like you’re in danger of getting into a lose-lose argument with the other Chromehounds players.

If you don’t like the game, that’s not our problem, and we shouldn’t let our egos get caught up in trying convert you. That’d be stupid of us, but likewise if you’re really ready to give up on Chromehounds, just do it and be done, don’t hang around and complain.

All the whining and asking for help on this board is a clear contradiction to your ‘I don’t care’ claim. The fact that many on this board enjoy the game is indication that my “big stupid face” isn’t the problem either. We tried to offer you help but you just keep on whining. Poor Mr. AngryFace. He can’t figure out the complicated video game.

I had direct questions, and backov and a few people did an ok job addressing them.

Are you telling me im ready to give up? Cause you must know me pretty well to tell me that. Oh wait…

I’ve put 5 hours into the game already trying to ‘get into it’ and have forced another person into my squad to help me out, I am doing my part to try and ‘get the game’ so everyone can like my posts again and clap me on the back and be all smiles instead of FROWNY FACE.

I’m not telling you to give up, I hope you have a great time, just seems like unless you’ve got any unaddressed questions, you and K0NY should probably avoid a pointless argument that wouldn’t be fun for either of you (unless I’m mistaken and one or both of you are actually jerks).