Wiping: Standing or Sitting

F[quote=“baren, post:39, topic:134216, full:true”]
The thing that has kept me from installing a bidet so far is the need for an electrical supply. Every bathroom I’ve been in has the outlets inconveniently far from the toilet – usually on the entrance wall, by the sink. To those using bidets, how are you handling that?
[/quote]

I have extension cord that I used those command clips to hold above the molding. I also use an outdoor plug cover since water is involved.

As far as standing vs sitting goes I think reach is the key. Some people may have to stand to reach behind.

You don’t need a heated one at all. The warmer water is nice but totally non-essential, and most cheap bidets on the market don’t have the feature anyway: they are completely analog. So not having a nearby outlet is really not a reason not to get an analog bidet in my opinion: unless your bathroom is already frigid, the cold water is unlikely to bother you past the first time you use it.

I self-installed a frictionless butt crack several years ago and have never looked back.

Haha! Butterbutt.

I’m going to poll the ladies next game night… I’ve got a feeling there is not much divergence with the other sex… but we’ll see.

Isn’t science wonderful?

Calling this science is a … stretch, and I don’t mean just because you need to that to do any of this properly.

Lift one cheek. Go in from the side.

That sounds like standing to me. That’s what I voted for.
Sitting would be to go from the bottom, bellow the balls and pull up. Who would do that.

I guess the next question is who taught you to wipe? I suppose whatever you learn at that time in your life one probabky sticks with.

When you experience what @mono advertised though, there is no… turning back, and this becomes a non-issue.

Lifting one cheek is not standing.
Dammit.

This.

Oh yeah ? OH YEAH ?!!!

… fine…

As far as front to back or back to front? As a male, both. Like Adam Carolla said, “Wiping my ass is like cleaning peanut butter out of a shag carpet.”

Clearly the correct answer is both. You start sitting cause if you don’t, there could be messes. Then you half-stand for the rest of the cleanup. And of course you fold - crumpling leads to gaps that end up with things on your fingers. It is known.

The Toto seat not only warms the bidet water but the seat itself. There’s no going back. Whenever we have company, who use it for the 1st time, it’s seemingly life changing. Akin to the 1st time Jim, on Taxi (Christopher Lloyd) tried drugs for the 1st time at Harvard…

jim_taxi

I must be the only one that does it lying down.

Do you guys shave your buttcracks? I am debating doing this since it can be such a hassle when wiping…

I hear that radiation will keep your hair from growing back…