Wiping: Standing or Sitting

I’m not saying the fancier models aren’t nice: they definitely are. But they also cost hundreds of dollars, usually have steeper installation requirements (for example, a nearby electric socket, or access to a hot water line) and don’t perform their core function–washing out your ass–that much better than a $25 model. What I’m trying to get across, really, is that people who think that bidets are expensive luxuries can go out and buy one to test themselves as pretty much a guilt- and labor-free decision. Then, if they want to upgrade later knowing how great a bidet is to use, totally. But don’t let the decision be a matter of having a few hundred backs on hand earmarked for nothing else.

You do not need a hot water line it uses coffee maker quick heat like technology.

It only requires one electric outlet to be added ( I don’t think that it too difficult to get an electrician to do). If you ever have to give home care to a family member a bidet is awesome because it is easier to use than wiping someone else and if it is more comfortable they will not fight using it as much.

If you have hemmoroids a bidet is worth it and being able to control heat and force if the water is awesome too.

This is true. However, I endorse DrCrypt’s message. A simple bidet, is cheap, easy, and a massive life improvement in its own right.

I understand but the force of water in a gravity control/water pressure driven version is not for everyone. I am talking about the toilet seat versions not a dedicated bidet.

Let us also not forget, between the legs, or under a leg from the side?

I said “an electrical socket OR a hot water line” not “an electrical socket AND a hot water line.” Yours may not, but many heated models do, indeed, tap into the hot water line. As for “any electrician can just knock in a socket,” sure, for an extra couple hundred bucks, if you own your house, and everything else aligns for you. And yes, these more sophisticated models are definitely better if you need a bidet for a medical reason (like hemorrhoids). But you’re preaching to the choir of people who know they like/need a bidet enough to make an investment between $500 and $1000, when I’m just trying to get some people to make an impulse buy and TRY one.

Hell no. Say goodbye to any Seal Team Six style IEDs in your next team meeting if you do that. There’s no way to be clandestine with a shaved asshole, as my granpappy always used to tell me. He may have been talking about infantry grunts but I think the same thing applies here.

SHIT, BONERZ

The account says new, but the post says old timer who knows the secret handshake…

It’s a spy!

Also shaving? Eww you guys

I can’t believe I come back here and find all you good people talking this scat L butt.

This is the one we have. It’s amazing and doesn’t require an outlet at all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P2XZDGG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have to say, I’m almost sold on this idea.

What are the follow-up accoutrements, though? Dedicated “his and hers” ass-towels, on a special rack?

Yeah, what’s the drying situation? Assking for a friend.

You use TP to dry. I mean, we’re still talking about poop here. There’s just less of it.

I will stick with wiping, eventually got the hang of it without having skidders later on.

The model I have actually has an air dryer! I Use it more as a timer to allow some drip drying and then a dab of toilet paper.

I can’t believe this thread keeps going!

Wouldn’t those bidets that have the built-in sprayer facilitate the transmission of bad bacteria from one person to another? Like C. difficile?

It is an issue, and why in our instance, I am stopping using it while we have someone under immunosuppressing medication at home. It is also why I don’t use those found in public spaces.

I can. :)

Some have switch out nozzles for individual users or that can be regularly washed.