CRIMP

Wordle 218 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Blade focus pinch pricy crimp

This one had me stumped. The fourth guess was just to get more letters ( I knew the first letter wasn’t right), and I will admit to just using and trying whatever letter I had available at the end. Never heard of this word (or I should say: never suspected the English word to be so close to the Dutch one in this case)…

Quone is a word, I swear. To quone someone, it’s a medical expression

Wordle 218 2/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¦πŸŸ§β¬›
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

A delightful fluke!

GERMS
CRIMP

What is chopped up meat called in America, if not the same as yesterday’s solution?

Ground <meat type>, I believe.

Well, there you go. Can’t say as this game isn’t educational!

are you mincing words here?

Wordle 218 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thought I had it in 3 this time.

STARE
ROUND
BRICK
CRIMP

Wordle 218 3/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 218 5/6*

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I went for crisp first, which is why it took me 5

Wordle 218 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PAINS
CRIPE
CRIMP

Feel pretty pretty good about this one.

Wordle 218 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sometimes it’s more helpful to get no hits

It’s minced. Ground is using a meat grinder or food processor. Minced is using a knife. Which we do for meat pies (which we call β€œpot pies”), gravy, bacon bits, etc

You generally see β€œchopped” or β€œground” if we’re talking about the adjectival form. In the US I’ve never seen β€œminced” as a descriptor on anything other than garlic, though it (and the verb form) are generally used to refer to a specific fineness of chop. β€œMince” as a noun is never, in my experience, used to refer to meat in the US, or at least my part of it.

I used to live near a minced meat factory. It was small. Almost looked like something off a model railroad.

This is true. It’s always a verb referring to a very fine chop. The Joy of Cooking is my comprehensive cooking reference and it uses β€œmince” relatively often, but you’re right–mostly for describing vegetable, not meat, preparation. I looked up my go-to turkey giblet gravy recipe and it says β€œfinely chop” the meat bits (though it does say to mince the onions.)

β€œMincemeat” to we Usians is, as @krayzkrok described, a sweet pie filling made of dried fruits and spices. In my experience it’s approximately as desirable as fruitcake.

Wordle 218 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

AISLE
POINT
CRIMP

Wordle 218 2/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Only the second time I’ve gotten one in two guesses.

Good start followed by two swings and misses. Wordle 218 4/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩