World Cup 2022

Say what you will about Toby Alderweireld’s declining skills and advancing age, but his hair remains a 10/10. Like the default male character model in Fallout 3.

Giroud still wins for best hair in this tournament. Just the right amount of product.

Goal Belgium!

Wow.

As the BBC commentators stated: completely against the run of play here. Amazing pass/long-ball up 2/3rds of the pitch.

By Toby. And his hair.

Always kills me how many of these guys launch balls into the upper stands when taking a shot on goal.

Canada just passing the ball around in front of the Belgium goal. Someone do something.

Canada needs to burn subs. They’re wearing down. It’s not as if you can take the ones you don’t use into the next match.

Larin scored loads of goals in qualifying by getting on the end of crosses, get the ball in the box!

He had a cracking header that Courtois saved brilliantly.

Also safe to say: De Bruyne has played better matches in his career.

Belgium escape, somehow.

Canada brings that level of pressure and attack against Morocco and Croatia, they can absolutely go through.

As long as they don’t bring that level of finishing too.

Canada was a positive surprise, although I feel they have a real lack of quality in the final third. Way to many final passes that go nowhere and poor finishing.

Belgium is going to go out when they meet some quality opposition.

I’m surprised people are so impressed by Spain - I feel Costa Rica flattered them exceedingly today - goals #2 and #3 were basically gifts and their falling apart at the end allowed Spain to rack up the score. I suspect Spain will struggle when they run into real opposition, because their “tiki-taka” DNA is unchanged, for better and worse (the worse being their lack of any real quality attackers).

Spain x Germany on Sunday will be tasty. If Japan beat Costa Rica as expected, Germany will need to beat Spain or they will be out.

Yeah. Not even a draw can save them. Because they’d not only need Japan to beat Spain, but they’d need to score about 8 goals to top Spain on GD. (And that’s assuming Costa Rica doesn’t get a goal or two in)

Very impressed by both Canada and Japan in their respective games. Very unimpressed with Morocco and Croatia. I think Japan has a great chance to get out of their group now, and I like Canada’s chances against Morocco and Croatia. Looking forward to those games.

All four SK defenders and goalkeeper are called Kim and currently they look like playing Uruguay out of the Park.

A thrilling 0-0 match into the 80th minute /s

Not the worst 0-0 so far but yeah pretty poor game. South Korea were a bit disappointing. Son really is low on confidence and form this season so this is all Conte’s fault. Uruguay inept as expected.

I set my alarm clock for 5am today and watched both matches back to back. Finally caught up.

It actually was a pretty thrilling 0-0 match at times. South Korea with a lot of squandered chances and Uruguay with quite a few as well. South Korea’s Hwang, hitting it right over the cross bar from right in front of the goal, you can’t miss chances like that and win games. Like Landon Donavon was saying, he’ll have nightmares about that chance tonight.

Cameroon played well but Switzerland was the only one with a goal and that’s all that counts in the end. It’s a shame they couldn’t really muster up any goals. I agree with the commentator that seem to lack someone in midfield who is willing to be more aggressive.

Since South Korea is playing, they should make it a Squid Game-like. No goals after X minutes, start shooting defenders.

You really hate Conte, not sure why? Because he keeps Man U out of the champion’s league each year?