World of Warcraft: Legion

Yea, Level to 60 and pick the skills you want, THEN boost it…
They’ll be 700 on all tradeskills then.

That’s about what I was getting too. It feels grindy, but it’s still a lot faster than PvE leveling.

Discovered last night that the account.bound 300% xp potions disappear if you enter a turret (or when you die).

AND… You do not get any bonus XP if you’re in a turret.

RATS!

Tradeskills are really easy to level up in WoD right now, since you can do everything from 1-700 there. Especially if you already have a lvl 100 with the trading post and can feed them the mats they need. Though with Legion only a few days away, I’m sure it will be just as quick to do it there. I’ve got my Demon Hunter with Mining/JC, cooking and First aid maxxed. Still working on Fishing and Archaeology when I need something more relaxing to do.

tradeskills work completely different in legion, not sure it’s going to be worth doing the 1-60 then boost for the skills

I discovered those things sell for around 9000g, beyond that I know nothing. : )

Someone flogging 300% pots in trade for 15k now, but the account.bound ones can not be traded afaik? =)

Sure, 300% is good, but is it 15k good?

Maybe once the pre-launch invasion event is over, but right now it seems like you can gain xp quick enough that I doubt it would be worth the cost, unless you are a wow {m,b}illionaire. I have no idea how quick someone can generate that kind of money, so it probably wouldnt even be worth it later.

Topped off my Fire Mage and Arms Warrior to 100 this weekend. Cleaned out my bags and started getting my Demon Hunter ready to roll for tomorrow! I’m taking some extra days off for the holiday weekend, plus the kids will all be in school! Going to be a great week!

Last day to work invasions. My Fury warrior is 92 (just took him out of the stable). I’m not sure I will be able to grind through 8 levels in my playing time tonight.

Then again, even if I did get him to 100 and fully equipped tonight, he’d probably sit there at level 100 until the next expansion. Just can’t get in to warriors.

Finished my frost mage last night, and started working on my warrior. He is currently in the 30s. No way to make it 100, but figured I could maybe get him close to 60 so he can fly. I usually just have my hunter at max level, so this will be different. I boosted a paladin in WoD and never really played it. I stopped after maxing my hunter that 1st month and never made it back later. I got him to 100, boosted a druid to 100, and have the demon hunter ready as well.

I have the exact same level 100 lineup: Hunter, Druid, DH.

I got my Warlock to level 90, but I just couldn’t deal with grinding the invasions any more – though there is probably no better character to level through the invasions than an affliction Warlock. Other characters I burned out on doing invasions: WW Monk (74), DK (68), Shaman (43).

Yeah, I’ve kind hit my limit on it. I only did it in spurts so I wouldnt burn out too quickly. It was pretty quick to gear up the hunter, druid, and demon hunter. Most of my time was spent on getting the paladin and mage to 100. The mage was in the 60s when I started. I’d like to level the warrior a bit more, but not going to force myself.

Spoilery

That last story quest pre-legion kinda ended oddly … sorta a weird way to get us in to things. I mean --he casts a spell and then --done? I may need to look back at that. Are we supposed to stay in Dal now?

Does that quest go away after Legion launches? I did it on one character but saw no need to do it on the others.

I think it might just be a way of making Dalaran the new hub again. That’s fine with me. I don’t need a new hub every expansion.

Yup. It’s just “hey, we’re going to move Dalaran to the Broken Isles (or whatever they’re called) but that’s not actually happening until people can go there, i.e. Legion launch”.

I do feel like there’s a bunch of stuff in the pre-legion quests that references story beats I am either missing or forgetting. And the change of leadership for both factions seems really…abrupt, and like a weird thing to put in quests that are going away in a day. Or I assume are going away in a day, I guess.

Just so you know, if you, like me, pre-ordered the game on amazon, I did not recieve my copy today, so I will not be able to play at midnight.

Really fucked this one up amazon. This isn’t how this is supposed to work, I got Overwatch the day before it released, and I played at midnight.

c’mon.

Not to get too off topic, but release day is the 30th i believe so release day shipping should get it there by then, not before then, i think.

Still, if it makes you feel any better, my coworkers and I are all getting it and working tomorrow so we also won’t be doing the midnight rush…

Well, yes, that is true. But getting a game by 8 on the release day, when the game launches at midnight, isn’t really ideal.

Overwatch showed up the day before release, and I was able to enter the code and unlock the game at midnight when it opened.

This is how it should work. Amazon’s pre-order system was built to compete with gamestop’s discount on pre-orders. If I had pre-ordered this game from gamestop, I could pick it up at midnight tonight.

I was expecting it today, as Overwatch got pushed up a day, though, they did open the servers at like 9pm pacific or something.

Kind of a big bummer, as I took tomorrow off in anticipation of playing tonight.

:(

Release date delivery means - and has always meant, AFAIK - getting the game on the day of release. Not the day before. If you got Overwatch early that’s cool, but it’s not standard and I would not rely on it.