World of Warcraft Mods

Is that an Ace 2 mod or where do I find it?

Why, via the AceUpdater™!

I always used titan in full transparent mode with only a top bar so duplicating it’s look with fubar was trivial. I was completely amazed at all the cool tweaks people had done to the modules I used in titan under fubar as well. The improvements to the faction bar and the money display alone are worth switching, not to mention what you can do with the ktm plugin.

Ha! I just made mystery convert! I was telling him about this other newer addon that’s starting to (unfortunately) become almost required: SpamSentry. It monitors and blocks goldselling spam and puts together a nice neat appeal. I’ve had to use it twice today already, one of the GMs I was talking to says they think the “Dear GM,” part in it is pretty cute.

I love this mod too and push it on my guild any time anyone bitches about spam in guild chat. Again, it has a very nice fubar plugin to monitor and control it.

Clique and grid for any class that can cast a heal or debuff. For my hunter I use Big Trouble, a autoshot casting mod, which makes it a lot easier to add steady shot’s between autoshots without wasting any cast time, as well as simpletranquilshot, a mod that allows you to set up, broadcast and watch countdown timers for tranquil shot rotations. I vaguely remember reading that blizzard finally made tranquil shot usuable in a macro in 2.0 but before that this mod was essential for any raiding hunter. I also use the Fizzwidget’s tracking menu which puts all my tracking on the minimap icon so I don’t need 20 extra buttons on screen. I used to have a petfeeder mod that put the food I wanted to feed my pet in an icon onscreen that I could click to feed but that broke many patches ago and none of the other feeding mods do what I want so I’m back to feeding by hand.

Still looking for a good trap and sting timer mod. Natur cast and timer bar doesn’t catch everything.

I’ve updated some since then, but here’s a screenshot of my current mods. Sorry for the HUGE resolution but I put notes on it. Zoom in on the browser pick by clicking on it.

AGUF - AG Unit Frames, replace you, target, party, pet, etc.
SCT - Scrolling Combat Text. Awesome information right in front of you.
Clique - A wonderful click-to-cast or click-action mod.
ElkBuffBars - Arranges your buffs in a very easily read manner.
Fubar - plug-in bar mod, best used with lots of nifty tools.
Bongos - Button/Action bar mod. Highly configurable.
Skinner - helpful for folks with large screens that like to separate the chat area from the action area.
DHUD - A “hud” used by a lot of pvp folks. Great info.
Sqeenix - Finally make that mini map square, and moveable.
Itemrack - Great inventory mod.
SWStats - that “can someone show the damage meters?” mod.
Onebag - The ultimate in bag, bank and key bag mods.

Please no laughing at my worthless “Mind Blast Record.” :) I’m a disc-holy type.

Lotsa crap in there, but I like it. Ace2 & FuBar based. The rundown of what’s in there is pretty scary, so I won’t bother, but if someone has a question please ask.

Thanks Guido for the mention of Wowecon, I made 7+ gold today just because of that mod. For those who haven’t checked it out, it tells you what stuff sells for at the vendor. Among many things, this means that when you get those quest rewards you don’t want or can’t use, you can choose the one that sells for the most. A couple of times today there were 3 or 4 things listed, 2 of which sold for <2g and 2 of which sold for >7g. I could make the most lucrative decision. It was awesome.

Lorini

Ooh, I just remembered an incredibly small, simple, but very very useful mod: Autoprofit. All this mod does is add a button to every vendor in the game. When you open the vendor window, you click the button and it automagically sells all ‘grey’ items and tells you how much money you made from collecting diseased monkey scrotums.

Personally, I set it up to sell automatically. Clicking buttons is for suckers! Combined with DurabilityFu being set to auto-repair, It’s a lazy paradise.

I disagree that you need any healing mods whatsoever for effective healing (only hotkeys). But, I think I might have something that satiates you. You can easily use the mouse over command in macros to make a fun click casting mod for yourself from one button on your tool bar.

Just use shift/alt/ctrl as your modifiers and you can get a bunch of spells on most mouses these days.

There’s good discussion here:

And

I loves me some macros, those should probably be discussed just as much as the mods out there imo.

For instance from the guide, I like:

Priest Macros

Greater Heal on current boss target, or on current target.
/cast [target=targettarget, help] Greater Heal; [help] Greater Heal

for reference: Photo Storage

I use Bongos also and I generally like it, though I do occasionally have a bug with it and I’m wondering if you or anyone has run into this. The top action bar in the group of three bars at the bottom (stealth, vanish, attack, consumables) is occasionally buggy and doesn’t always register clicks on it. It’s only that bar and only while in combat. If I click around the edge of the buttons it will always work but occasionally clicking in the middle of the button doesn’t. I’m wondering if it’s got something to do with a scaling issue or something. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Acting on several recommendations in the thread, I downloaded and installed several Ace mods and they’re quite awesome. Screen is a lot less cluttered now and a crapload of useful information at your fingertips.

Thanks!

Although I don’t get why some don’t like the Blizzard scrolling combat text. Looks pretty much the same and easy to configure. Only thing is probably the lack of a utility to change the size of the text.

I’ve seen a similar deal before but it was due to me having something else from Bongos layered underneath the Bongo bar. I also had a similar problem when one of my Bongo bars was too close to the FuBar below it, so every time I clicked something close to the bar, the fubar option list would pop up. If I were you I would check to show all your Bongo bars and move everything to the top of the screen, then move what you need back down and re-hide anything not used.

You might also check for a Bongos update. I had a few issues with stance sets and stealth bars that they later fixed with an update. You could always switch to Bartender, but I personally didn’t like the configuarion for Bartender.

I’m liking ArkInventory but it doesn’t seem to be sorting TBC items like netherweave. Anyone else having this problem?

It really does look like Titan is dead in the water, although it still works (mostly…I have the same problems with the rider module but suffer through them because it’s so damn convenient). So, I could be convinced to switch to fubar, which appears to be the New Hotness. Is there a package of fubar add-ons available that replicates Titan’s functionality to ease the transition? I don’t mind poking around the various add-ons later, but I would really hate to start from scratch.

Also, fubar is pretty ugly, although I assume there’s some way to customize that as well.

Yes, there’s one called GarbageFu that does the same thing and also lets you trash on a click on the FuBar entry the lowest value thing in your inventory to make room for a new item.

SCT and SCTD allow you to change not only the font face/size, but the behavior of the text as well, such as which direction/speed/etc. There are profiles to quickly change to, such as making melee damage to self fly to the diagonal down-right and self status damage (poison, etc) fly to the diagonal down-left.

Yes, the healer mods these days just make threatmeter style flowing charts of those needing heals and Clique lets you quickly bind healing spells to your modifiers + mouse buttons combinations so that you can click on the player names or bars in the chart with the modifier/button combo and get the heal you want.

You can make it look however you want; there is far more customization than Titan, plus profile choosing so you can quickly load your other character’s already configured setup.

I’m actually a big fan of the Ace mod Minimalist for this.

It’s a small, light-weight mod that has many very useful functions that can be enabled/disabled individually. I use it for:

• Auto-selling grey items
  • Auto-repairing
  • Adding scroll wheel support for chat/combat log windows
  • Adding timestamps to chat/combat log windows

http://wowace.com/wiki/Minimalist

For all chat related stuff I use Prat, which rocks. Automaton (or something like that) is what I use for various speed-up clicks.

I also like XLoot, which shows in nice format what people picked up or iconized bar that lets you pick need/greed/etc on a BoE/BoP (bar is blue for BoP, green for BoE). I throw it under the minimap, which typically doesn’t have anything there during dungeon crawls.

Stitch is another mod I use, for queueing up tradeskill stuff, but it’s nowhere as good as the old mods of its type. You have to actually click on the icon to get the next type of item to start being crafted. :(

SCT and SCTD allow you to change not only the font face/size, but the behavior of the text as well, such as which direction/speed/etc. There are profiles to quickly change to, such as making melee damage to self fly to the diagonal down-right and self status damage (poison, etc) fly to the diagonal down-left.

MiksScrollingBattleText is vastly superior to SCT+SCTD. Once I tried MSBT, I never looked back.

http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files/details/3395/mikscrollingbattletext/