World of Warcraft Mods

Does Fubar have something that lists your money and allows you click it to select it? It’s one of the reasons I went back to Titan, not seeing an addon that did that.

As for UI addons I use:
Titan
MetaHud (LOVE THIS)
ag_Frames (also love this, but need configure it some)
Monkeyquest (still good after all these years)
Cartographer (LOVE IT!)
Auctioneer (duh)

After reading this thread, going to add MobInfo and one other I can’t remember off, but I wrote them down at home :). Thanks everyone.

Yes, MoneyFu I believe does this, plus much more like tracking your income/expenditures across multiple characters.

More Ace mods: I also enjoy Fizzle, which lets you format durability info right on your inventory frame’s item slots plus color the slots by the quality of the item slotted in it. TradeStop is also good for keeping people from griefing you during duels or mob combat.

There’s been a bunch of good mods mentioned already, but I can’t live without Fence (another Ace mod) - it’s main claim to fame is that it gives you a very quick “per item in a stack” cost for mats (i.e. 21.0s on a stack of 20 netherweave) when browsing through the AH.

While it may seem lazy, it does give help out a lot when comparing the cost of 17 foozles vs the cost 20 foozles. I credit it with why I’m so profitable on tailoring bags to sell (100% markup in most cases).

There was a compilation of basic utilitys on the beta mods section of wowinterface but I think it’s probably a bit out of date now. I use this page which made selecting them pretty easy though. http://files.wowace.com/

I usually turn the bar transparent which for me makes it work exactly like titan bar was set up. You can also turn off the bottom bar by right clicking on it and deleting it. Also non-obvious; to customize fubar for a character you have to change the profile to the character you are customizing it with under profiles in the menu. You can copy a profile from another character as well. Also postioning was done on each module’s menu.

I don’t specifically see it mentioned here but one of the best reasons for using the ACE based mods is this handy tool below. It’s not specifically a mod, but helps keep all your ace mods up to date. Spend some time getting to know the program and enable the (send files to the recycle bin) in the case of a bad update you can just restore what you need. If you stick to ACE based mods you are 2 clicks away from checking and updating all your installed mods at any time.

Note that it requires the .NET 2.0 runtime which can be downloaded from Microsoft.

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WinAceUpdater

EDIT: I nearly forgot, for the daring souls out there this lists ALL ace mods tied to their DB, so you can use it to install mods you don’t have in the first place as well. For anyone with Fubar this is a nice way to try out the huge multitude of Fubar mods.

Being a Fubar noob-- it seems that you dl Fubar, then install each plugin that you want individually?

Correct.

Correct. Common ones that simulate most of Titan are:
AmmoFU - Shows ammo left in bags (and type)
BagFu - Shows bag space left/used and clicking will open all bags
ClockFU - Shows the time and I believe allows for alarms too
DurabilityFU - Shows your current durability status and can be set to auto-repair
ItemBonusesFU - Shows all bonuses from worn items
LocationFU - Shows the current zone information
LootTypeFU - Shows the current loot setting for the group/raid
MoneyFU - Shows your money and various stats when hovered
NetStatsFU - Shows your network ping/latency and memory use

Some nice add-ons beyond that are:
BattlegroundFU - Keeps track of the current battleground stats and players
ExperienceFU - Keeps track of your rested percentage, how much gained per session/minute and similar exp stats
FactionsFU - Keeps track of every faction you have on your character, where you are ranked, how much has been gained/lost per session, etc
FriendsFU - Keeps track of online friends, their zones, notes, etc
GuildFU - Keeps track of guild members online, their zone, notes, etc
HeyFU - Keeps a list of all whispers received and from who.
HonorFU - Keeps track of your honor total and battle stats
MicroMenuFU - Can be used to replace the large micro-menu in WoW with a MUCh smaller version that fits on FuBar
QuestsFU - Two parts. One bar addition, plus a detachable window similar to MonkeyQuest
TopScoreFU - Like Critline only it’s a FuBar add-in

There are hundreds more. The problem isn’t FuBar mods, it’s that FuBar becomes so cluttered with cool tools you soo find yourself with multiple bars.

Nice, thanks for that —I do get tired of trying to get Titan to work but I do like what it has-- this sounds good.

Factionsfu shows “incompatible” in my addons menu.

I tried Bongos and while it looks like it could be useful, I couldn’t get the non-used bars not to show. So even tho I put them on hide, their numbers still showed, cluttering up an already cluttered screen. Any hints?

Lorini

So, are any of you folks recommending Ace former Cosmos users? I currently use Cosmos, but having not seen anyone here mention it, I’m wondering if everyone has just decided that Ace is better?

You may also try fuXpfu, which has both XP and Rep tracking built into one. It shows the xp bar as a little blue line (with rested xp as pink) and can also track rep as another line below it.

I forget what Cosmos does anymore, so I dunno what I would recommend to replace it.

For anyone wanting to get started with Ace mods, there’s a good collection over here of a nice grouping of all ace mods. Several of the Moonrunner guild people have tried this out to get started with Ace and have all liked it.

Yep I struggled with that as well. There is a tab on Bongos marked “Visible” or similar. Click that tab and “uncheck” any bar you don’t use. You can also right click on bars and change them substantially as well with many options like the number of buttons, sizing, etc. Stances are handled kind of strange. You set up a profile for the bar you want to change on the stance change, and which bar to change it to. Like so:
bar 1 -> bar 5 - stealth
My bar #1 would become bar #5 when I’m in stealth. This is tricky only because you don’t necessarily have to have bar 5 visible, or in the same place even.

Strange that you can’t run FactionsFU. Mine seems to work okay. I got it straight from ACE using the update tool though. That tool Athryn mentions sounds like a better alternative for us both.

pretty much using the same setup with upgrades: nurfed ui, bartender3 (though the latest nurfed has some pretty featureful bars), and the biggie Carnival ECB

Turns out with Bongo, once you lock the bars, the unused numbers go away. I should have just finished everything and trusted you guys ;).

Lorini

i’d say titan bar, cartographer, and auctioneer. class specific mods, well, that depends on what you’re playing.

waterfountain is kind of nice for mages.

Try out Fubar sometime; like everyone else has been saying, it’s miles better than Titan and is actively developed still. Cartographer is great though, so you’re on the right track. ;)

I couldn’t find Waterfountain… got a link?

So it’s eCB with countdown bars?

im sorry, i gave it the wrong name, i thought it was waterfountain but it’s called ‘vending machine’

http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files/details/3606/vending-machine/

automatically says ‘you’re welcome!’ any time anyone says thank you - kind of funny at first but most people on the receiving end find it annoying.

which is pretty much why i keep it :)

i know fubar is better…but i’ve had titanbar for so long…i ll just give it up when it stops working.

I like Cryolysis for the same reason - the sheeping/pigging macros generally get a laugh out of the rest of the group.

YOU CAN HAVE IT WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM HIS COLD DEAD HANDS, ALL RIGHT?