Worst sex scene ever

All non-American films handle sex and nudity better, for the reasons I said earlier.

The films of Takashi Miike for instance.

Well done, all non-American films. Well done indeed!

All, huh? Wow.

But the scene didn’t work at all. Was Bana’s character remembering past kills during sex? No, the flashback scenes were of kills he wasn’t even present for. Was he trying to convince himself the terrorists were evil as his version of the “baseball” distraction? Hard to believe that would have worked since he had grown increasingly soul-weary of killing during the movie.

It was just too frigging weird. The flashbacks of the slaughter needed to be interspersed with something else, not the sex scene.

Huh, I thought there were more B movie fans here…?

I present the juxtaposed love/???/fight scene from Basket Case 2.

It’s a movie so full of magical moments it’s easy to forget the tender lovemaking. This one made up for the horrible non-consensual love/murder scene in the original movie.

But to actually contribute something - the scene between Robert de Niro and Bridget Fonda in Jackie Brown was hideous. Even the tiny bit of it they actually showed.

Exactly. It was as if Spielberg had gone to the trouble of filming the entire hostage situation, but he didn’t want to put it all up front. So he’s left with the bloody conclusion of the incident and nowhere to put it.

“Hey, I know,” I can imagine him explaining to his editor while they’re in the editing bay, “let’s intercut it with a sex scene!”

Ham-fisted message about impotence? Tone-deaf attempt at character development? Not wanting to leave expensive footage unused? Who knows. From there, it’s only a short step to an overlong shot of the World Trade Center in the background. Mission accomplished!

-Tom

I can’t access most of those YouTube links from this thread because they want me to verify my age, but I guess that no sex scene is worse than this one from Babylon 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD8mZkEcKTA

Oh my. That certainly rivaled Spanglish. I think I now hate Babylon 5. [I]The entire show.

[/I] -Tom

That had this in the related section: (sfw) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLTx-LZX3XM&feature=related

I’m not going to argue that it’s a scene that’s easy to accept. But it made sense when I saw it, and it still makes sense to me now on an intuitive level. Obviously, you and I are coming at it from different places, and I think that’s the main variable.

I’m not a Spielberg fan, generally, but I like Munich a great deal. There were two things I thought the movie did really well: juxtaposing violence and the absurd, and the the return home. Having disliked so many of his critically acclaimed movies, I was particularly surprised at the risks he took in that second aspect. I guess now I’m clear on the downside of some of those choices, which is that the movie failed to speak to a broader audience than it should have.

That’s pretty unfair, and I’ll leave it at that.

Tried to find a youtube clip of this, but I submit the old Excalibur movie. Uther Pendragon (I believe) has sex with a fully nude chick, but he doesn’t bother to take off his full suit of platemail.

I laughed.

Dude, he didn’t have TIME to take it off. He was caught up in the lust of the moment. Do you know how long it takes to remove platemail? He’s just lucky he had a trap door down there.

Was her name ‘Sally Port’?

Peter Firth deciding that he really, really likes horses in Equus.

/retracted!

But in general they certainly handle sexuality and nudity more naturally.

innocent blood, a movie about a female vampire eating mobsters but accidentally lets one get away, thus causing the mobster to form his own vampire gang.

i could only find a french dubbed version on youtube. anthony lapaglia is a cop working with the female vampire to stop the mobsters and has the hots for her, but you know, she eats people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AliGLgSC-Q

I will say that as gross as that particular scene in Visitor Q is, it’s also really well done. It’s played for very, ah, uncomfortable laughs, and not eroticism at all.

I love that movie. It’s really campy, you know. Shit, Sam Raimi even has a cameo! But the best part is that it has Don Rickles as a vampire. That’s something you don’t see every day.

Now that I can agree with.