WoW: The Half-Past Five thread - SERVER MOVE UPDATE

So – anybody up for running the Stockade or Gnomeregan? My rogue is at 25, which seems to be high enough to contribute to a team but not high enough to save the day, as he proved last night in a series of team wipes… :wink:

I was looking to do Gnomeregan tonight.

I’m level 17 (priest), but I figured that was about right…

Are you being sarcastic…? (It’s hard to tell on this great big intraweb of ours. :))

Does Frostwolf still have queues to get on on Friday nights? If not I might hop on with a new character this weekend…

JD

[quote=“James”]

Are you being sarcastic…? (It’s hard to tell on this great big intraweb of ours. :))[/quote]

No… I got the quest ages ago, so I figured I was ready. What level do you recommend for the instance?

17 is way too low for Gnomergan. You could think about doing the Deadmines at 17, but even that you’d need a full group and the other four should be 20+. IIRC Gnome is like a 25-30 instance. Most people do Mines, Stockades, Gnome.

There are no queues on Frostwolf anymore, jeffd.

My 29 Druid is definitely up for Stockades and Gnome (although I’d need to grab the Gnome quests). Tonight I’m not sure how long I can be on, but like Friday or the weekend would be great (although I’ll be splitting time between the Druid and my 60 Rogue).

Andrew, I’d be glad to group with you for the Deadmines if you would like to get those done – my 25 isn’t strong enough to duo it with you yet, but he’s probably powerful enough to take your priest plus a decent tank-type through. Also, I have a 20 warrior who can definitely tank the instance if he has a healer during the boss fights and a good damage dealer along as well.

Akiry <— 25 Rogue – not on the Guild roster right now, so you’d have to FL him to see if I’m on with him

Andar <— 20 Warrior – he’s on the Guild roster

Ah yes, it’s the deadmines I’m thinking of…

I’m a pretty kickass 17, I’ll have you know…

Honestly andrew while you could get someone way overleveled to take you through VC (Van Cleef, the main quest of deadmines) it’s more fun to get an appropriately leveled group together - especially if you haven’t done it before.

JD

Yeah. I know. A level 60 offered to take me through “Filthy Paws” last night, and while it was nice to finally get it off my list, it felt kind of empty inside.

My favourite instance experience so far was a deadmines and stockade run with a pickup group - there were three of us, warrior mage and druid, all 25. We did VC without a hitch then went and did stockades, got to the badass ogre at the end and had to call in a warlock for an assist. Being understrength (numberically) but slightly overlevelled is often wicked fun as long as you’re with good people.

I started my character yesterday – Human warrior named Casval. Still at about Lv7 or so.

I must say, I dig the Alliance zones much more than Horde. Stormwind is huge, and quite a nice place to run around.

Guild Wars pulled me back to these games and if you guys do not shut your clap traps you may have another player who will beg to join, but is ever-so skittish about grouping and coordinating with people not in the room with them.

Do you guys use some voice software and headsets?

The guild uses ventrilo (sp?) but they let me in even though I don’t – I really enjoy grouping but am skittish about this talking business while playing a game – my character generallly dies whenever I try to talk to somebody in the room with me… :wink:

Anybody for putting together a team and heading into the Deadmines this week?

Ryan and I are both level 20, and looking to find a few more high level folks to go and do a little clearing…

It would have to be after 8pm PST.

I would love to go. I’m in the legal-field equivalent of “crunch time” and expect to be working all night Wednesday night, but today or Thurs could work if it’s after 8 PT. I have a 30 Druid who needs the last quest (Van Cleef) so I can get the chain into the Stockades. I’ll try and catch you guys if I can.

Can we shoot for Thursday at 8 then? My Paladin will be rarin’ to go by then, hopefully as a 21 or 22 if I get to play a bit tonight.

I’m up for it.

Ryan, why don’t you look for me tonight. I’m a little bored getting ganked in the Wetlands all by my lonesome.

Sounds good – I’ll look for Alf when I get on

Well – it looks like we’ll need to run Andrew through again… we made it to the end, even after the lame higher-level rogue quit on us midway through… and we killed VC – sadly, the team wiped right after (all those pesky bodyguards) and Andrew wasn’t able to loot VC before he kicked the bucket.

Also, my paladin is now 26 and chomping at the bit to see Gnomeregan… his quest list is maxed at 20, and doing Gnomeregan would clear a good 5-6 from his list.

Any takers?