X4 - Now with more flyable ships

There’s not many people out there that do what they do. X:R was a total miss, but X3:TC is one of my best space sim experiences. I’ll be picking this one up.

I don’t think X:R was a total miss. It’s a pretty good game now, a lot better than it was at release. Which, again, is totally an Egosoft thing.

Also XR:VR is pretty great!

ObsidianAnt is doing a “pre-launch gameplay preview” stream in, like, 1 minute.

Holy crap this went completely under my radar. After X:R I’m quite optimistic about the game, even if I have to wait 6 months or a year to get a good experience. I’m swamped with other games at the moment anyway but I’ll be watching this thread like a hawk.

@BrianRubin and @rhamorim, we’re counting on you :)

Live stream if anyone’s curious:

That slanted ship HUD makes me rage. Why do so many UI designers hate readability?

Following closely also. My unfortunate first foray into the X Universe was with X:Rebirth, which was cool for a while, but also probably a bit of bad timing since I started when it was released.

I am very interested in seeing how this develops.

On a side note, thanks spell check for making me realize I had no idea how to spell foray, heh. Looking it up, I am not sure I am even using it properly, but it popped into my head!

Bought it. I’m slightly below minimum requirements on both CPU and GPU, so this might get really interesting. I’ll let you know. ;)

For reals. To be honest though, the readability of all their text in their games sucks.

The best thing about X:Rebirth was it cost Valve $3 million.

huh???

In one of the photos it looks like they threw their keys in a bowl to see who goes home with the cardboard cutout.

Oops. Necro.

Guy bought X:R in Australia. It was so bad he tried to get a refund. Valve said he couldn’t, but Australian law says all businesses operating in Australia must offer refunds for consumer goods that don’t work. After a long court case run by the Australian consumer regulator, Valve were fined $3million.

I’m in the same boat. Awaiting either of the two to give us the scoop. I’ve played 3 of the X series now and liked them all, even patched Rebirth.

Talk to me, Goose. Is this a full title or just a VR’ish foray for them or the full version of Rebirth with VR? What are the control scheme options?

Just got an email saying keys will go out tomorrow. Can’t wait!

I know i said i wouldnt buy the preorder… But i’m weak and after watching the stream i bought it.

Thanks for supporting Egosoft!

I’m not going to pre-order but I plan on picking this up this weekend. I guess if word of mouth is absolutely disastrous I’ll hold off, but I’ve been wanting a X sequel since X3:TC. That was ten (!!!) years ago.

Well, we had Albion Prelude, and it was IMO a considerable improvement over TC, but then again it wasn’t really a sequel or anything close to that.