Your next car game is Wreckfest

Oh, it doesn’t rotate? That’s cool.

So…uh… this just happened

LOL! To finish first, first you have to finish and all that.

That race was crazy. It was on the track with the long straight and a split at each end. One of those splits meets back at a ramp. I had just added some arbiter to my rocket, for which I was grateful.

This is a very silly game.

HAhaha delightful.

I streamed this for a couple of hours this morning because I needed its brand of silliness, and it was just what the doctor ordered.

@Octavious230 - Don’t know if you’ve seen the Slack or not (and what your availability is), but it looks like the GWJ crew is going to run Wreckfest again tonight at 9pm.

Ya I saw. I’ll be going most likely.

Aw man, I missed it. How does one get an invite?

Next time we do it I’ll put a message here. It’s usually organized through the slack we have for the racing league. We only got a couple of people this week.

Season rollover today so we can finally get off the snow (thank you!) and that brings a new DLC pack and a new free track called… Wrecknado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uAZs6t8i5Q

Lawnmowers are going to love that.

One of the new cars is a little truck called “Stepvan” - a name that’s going to hit certain parts of the internet just right right now.

Ohhhh looks fun!

Omg, a cloverleaf with an arena in the middle? That looks insane

Just a couple upgrades on the Bulldog.

You have to start in fourth gear or you just spin before you pull away.

For anyone interested my racing league is planning another Wreckfest night next Saturday (March 6) at 9pm Eastern. It’ll run for a couple hours and you’re free to drop in/out.

We race a mix of classes and tracks, but there are always loaner cars available (marked with an “L”) so if you don’t own a school bus or a B class or something then you can borrow one for that race.

We have voice comms for the event through the GamersWithJobs Discord channel and in the event we have to lock the server to keep pubbies out if we fill it completely then the password will be posted in the #Racing channel on that Discord.

Wreckfest is currently free* on Gamepass, but sadly that does not crossplay with Steam, so you won’t be able to see our server using that version.

Wow didn’t know not doesn’t cross play. That’s nuts… Anyone that has the game should join. It’s sooooo much fun.

Here is the event for Saturday.

If you’re keen to join (@Misguided) and don’t have access to the Discord let me know.

I tried Wreckfest this week. The first event had me on lawnmowers trying to destroy other lawnmowers.

Not fun.

I remember @Ginger_Yellow saying there was an actual campaign with tracks and racing and stuff, not just destruction derby, so I continued on.

Second event I chose had cars instead of lawnmowers doing the same thing.

Not fun.

What should I be looking for? The menus are a bit overwhelming. I’m not sure what the keywords or pictures are that I should be avoiding or looking for.

It’s not that bad, go to career, then regional juniors, then pick the type of race you want, they’re usually marked like “Lawnmower Deathmatch” or “Folk Race” or some such, and you can just go from there.

Sounds great (And I am not on the Discord yet). My only concern is that you guys start when we are usually eating dinner, so I’d likely be late, and it sounds like things fill up quickly.

After comments earlier in this thread, I bought this and oh my goodness: it’s so fun. Non-stop destruction, what’s better than that?