Zombasite: New action RPG from Soldak Entertainment

That tooltip just shows Clan modifiers right? I don’t think it’s enough as it is, and to me is the most opaque thing about the game. Maybe it’s just coming from something like Rimworld, which is quite explicit in spelling out the ‘why’.

For example, I have no idea why this first person is on -8 happiness with a big morale loss:

while this second is loving life at 149:

when both have the same tooltip.

Maybe there should be a history of recent events and their affect on the final score. It’d also be nice if a happiness breakdown tooltip was on the Clan Info screen as well, so you can just run the mouse down the list of happiness scores and see what’s making people tick.

I do see red “1 :(” popping off characters in the field quite regularly, and I guess that’s because something they’re doing is conflicting with one of their dislikes. Seems like it’s ‘misery by a thousand cuts’ so difficult to tooltip. Maybe happiness changes and the reason could be shown in the log?

+1. I also have a hard time understanding the clan and individual happiness system and modifiers. It’s pushed me away from the game a few times. I am about to dive back in with the new DLC, I will report back any thoughts or suggestions.

Overall I get a bit overwhelmed by the many systems in play, and usually lose to something I didn’t fully understand.

Is this pronounced Zombasité?

It will show per NPC stuff also. It does keep track of most things that affect happiness for the last few minutes and they will show up there. Like if someone just insulted them that will show up and tell you who it was.

In this case I’m guessing that whatever is hurting the NPC’s morale is also killing their happiness and that is not showing up in the happiness highlight. With a morale below 0, they should be trying to run away, so something is hurting or scaring them quite a bit.

The name is basically Zombies + parasite.

Thanks for the quick rundown!

Version 1.019 is out: patches and changes. This patch fixes a few slowdown issues, fixes too many ambushes, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Version 1.020 is out: patches and changes. This patch fixes a crash, improves happiness feedback, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Have you ever wanted to add a unique item, level, monster, or something else cool to a Soldak game for everyone to see? Now is your chance! Become our Patron on Patreon and get the opportunity to add a unique item, level, monster, NPC, renegade, minor clan, chest, or gravestone to our latest game(s). Right now this would be Zombasite AND our next game. Head over to our Patreon page now!

Totally pledged, will tell others about it too.

Thanks Brian!

awesome

Thanks Harkonis!

Version 1.021 is out: patches and changes. This patch fixes a crash, adds a bunch of Patreon/Add to Game stuff, and fixes various minor issues.

do we not have a thread for Legacy? I can not WAIT to get my hands on that one. Love coop in these games. I am hoping my potato computer can manage to play and stream that one though. I like Zombasite a ton but can’t stream and play at same time since I only have the one rig.

Is Din’s Legacy a sequel to Curse or more of a modern remake?

Harkonis: There is not a Din’s Legacy thread on QT3 that I know of.

AntediluvianArk: Neither really. It’s in the same world as Din’s Curse (as is all of our games except Drox Operative), and quite similar in many ways, but since you play a Mutated that mutates over time instead of a human that can have a hybrid class, I decided to not make it a true sequel (or remake).

Nice, thanks for the info! Looking forward to it.

I love the idea of mutations in games (Caves of Qud, Gamma World), especially if the player doesn’t have full control over them. Good luck with the development this year, I hope it goes well.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that Din’s Legacy is now in Early Access on Steam!

Good luck, Steven! Just so you know, we created a thread for it, if you wanted to follow.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you found the thread already!