DERPSPACE: Encounter at Regula O.S.S. |OT| A bold new space game by Gordon Cameron

For some reason, I woke up this morning with the nagging feeling that this game will never get out of development. But then I remembered that our own @Gordon_Cameron is the creative genius behind this, and my worries were gone. Silly me!

Development was actually completed months ago. Pretending you’re still in the dev cycle and publishing weekly progress updates is just a new kind of marketing. How else can you do the whole Early Access thing?

We were going to have an IPO, but I realized I prefer a good Belgian wheat beer.

I can’t argue with sound logic like that. I will say that I am working on a new cover concept that features a mutant space babe.

Nothing wrong with the last one you posted. Don’t let that angry @schurem guy discourage you.

Did I miss something? There are no mutant space babes in DERPSPACE, are there? Don’t fuck it up, @Ultrazen. Don’t promise something on the box art that isn’t even in the game.

But if the mutant space babe in your next cover art is really hot, I may campaign for just such a feature.

Speaking of hot mutant babes, I’ve always had a special place for Mystique. Not the fake Jennifer Lawrence one, but the canon one from the first movies.

Maybe we can work her into the game somehow.

You mean her:

Maybe a spinoff title to DERPSPACE… FAPSPACE?

It seems @Gordon_Cameron is working on another side project while developing Derpspace - a CRPG that will make Ultima feel like Tic Tac Toe!!! I’ve seen the screenshots and they redefine reality. It’s something else.

I wonder if he will integrate both games. It would be like a dream come true!

For those wondering:

I am glad the income from DERPSPACE is allowing him the foundation to work on other games at the same time. :)

A CRPG with fidelity all the way down to a pandemic level.

I bet in this one you’ll probably be able to design your own vaccine to combat the pandemic.
OR!
You can campaign and get other players to vote for you and then take charge of how you respond to the pandemic on behalf of the players.
I wonder how the committee forming will be handled - probably a simple “one player one vote” system.

Would this pandemic be spreadable through the DERPSPACE universe?

Man, I’m excited!!

I hope he implements realistic virus mechanics in Derpspace. Maybe even a fully-fledged, in-game virus designer? Those planet-wiping biological weapons won’t invent themselves!

Would the virus have a graphical representation in game?

\\   //*
  Derp 
*//  \\

I’m hoping for detail down to individual RNA/DNA strains, or it would feel out of place in the superbly simulated world of Derpspace.

Wait, wouldn’t such a level of detailed simulation require more than 640K of system memory?

Will I still be able to play this on my Casio PRIZM - or is it too high spec?

I want to design a virus to take out only Madagascar…

Nah, 640k ought to be enough for anybody.

What do you have against lemurs and vanilla beans?

With Starsector, StarCitizen, and Starfield all looking more like 2023 releases. Will 2022 be the year of DERPSPACE?

Over in the savage realm of the RPG Codex folks keep posting as if they are actually playing That Which Sleeps and some poor souls are not in on the gag.

Glad that doesn’t happen in the more genteel Qt3.