Far Cry 6 - Giancarlo Esposito and guns, guns, guns

Far Cry 6 is lot of fun. Lot of simple, easy, casual fun. I like it. Hell it might be my favourite since FC2.

But I wish it had some kind of survival mode (no I haven’t played Primal yet) that would focus on immersion, eliminate most HUD and made surviving and building the Libertad organization hard and challenging process. That would make ammo a precious commodity. That would make every weapon upgrade and car upgrade meaningful. That would make vehicles use gasoline so finding gasoline would actually be useful. That would force me to sleep/eat/drink or suffer consequences. That would limit healing possibilities and made the buffs you can unlock actually useful. Etc etc.

Such a design would make this from 8/10 to 9/10 for me.

DO IT!

Breakpoint had a go at that.

In the end these games are junk food, but damn tasty junk food. It’s Donnerkebabs at 2AM on the KuDamm gaming.

Yes, I played Breakpoint in its most survivalist mode possible and it was great.

One drawback of having 200 different weapons/armours/vehicles is if there’s any genuinely cool stuff in there, I just might not find it. I’d finished the thing before I stumbled on the cute Angelito flying car.

And also, so many of the weapons seem so similar that I was struggling to find a reason to play with the cool-looking uniques, when a kitted out normal weapon was on paper at least a lot better.

A famous jazz musician, can’t remember who, many years ago, was asked his opinion of pop style music. He said, well, it’s like a candy bar compared to a full 7 course gourmet meal (jazz.) Then he said, but sometimes you just want a candy bar.

Far Cry has always been a really good candy bar of a game to me. My brother and I are playing RDR2 (his first time, my replay) and we have started playing FC6 in coop, and we both remarked how cartoonish it is switching over from RDR2, in every way. But we’re having a great time (FC6 does coop pretty well in terms of how smooth the gameplay is.)

Make sure you find the flying car!

If you do the races, one of them takes place in said flying car.

Edit: I don’t think this is a spoiler, but just in case.

I had a go at this with Primal, turning off almost all the HUD and indicators I could, then switching it to the hardest difficulty. It was…not a great experience.

Please sell me on this. Preferably before my Epic Store coupon expires.

I posted my impressions in Breakpoint thread, starting here

I know this because he emailed me with the subject line: “You disappoint me.” The email reads “I wanted to thank you for giving me free rein in Yara. Take it easy, and know that Yara is in capable hands.”

Hey, it’s more interaction with Castillo than in the actual game.

Next, they’re gonna send Giancarlo, equipped with a box-cutter, to your house.

If it’s all the same to you I’d rather he not do that.

(Geez that was an effed up scene in Breaking Bad. Was the character named Victor?)

Given the game’s ending, that’s a funny email in a warped sort of way.

I like that Far Cry 6 is not a valid search term here, so I have to go with Esposito.

Did anyone work out how to find Lorenzo’s children? Those photos don’t look super-informative to me.

You could have also searched for guns guns guns. ;)

If I remember correctly, if you can find the location in the pictures, the map will show you the person to talk to.