Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

The very ones! I’ve come to really dig Dave’s Killer Bread when I’m looking to spend a lot of money on flat slabs of starch.

They’re great. They’re located here in the Portland, OR suburb of Milwaukie. I’m always happy to see their distribution grow and grow.

Also coincidentally, their factory outlet is right across the street from Bob’s Red Mill. Makes for a fun double whammy.

I’ve had it a couple of times and it is truly excellent bread. But it is very pricey. And it does not belong in this thread.

Yet somehow I used to be able to get wonderful rye and pumpernickel bagels from the Dekalb Farmers Market. They might not have passed muster in NYC but they make a great fried egg sandwich!

To be clear, I’m certain I’ve never had what a New Yorker would consider a “real” Bagel (nor a Montrealite, for that matter), so I had to include that statement to prevent Rich and Stusser from swooping in to judge all us lowly non-NYers ;-)

I haven’t for a while. I just had a Duncan Donuts version of an everything bagel. It wasn’t… poisonous.

They should totally put that on the packaging. “Our bagels aren’t…poisonous.”

Though with Dunkin’s, I’m not sure that is true.

It’s not Dave’s and not wheat, but this is pretty excellent:

Topped with this:
https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Seasoning-Original-Delicious-Allspice/dp/B07SH4ZFY9

Do you think they sell the seasoning by the gallon?

Recipe bookmarked. Thanks.

I’ve tried that recipe in the oven but there’s also a variation in the air fryer. Yes I’m serious.

If you want the real deal though, a few folks are making them over in the bread thread and they look truly like the real deal. These are imitations, but still damn good.

They have very large amounts on Amazon, for sure.

And now, because of this thread I’m making some of those bagels. Thinking about them made me want some for tomorrow morning.

It has 0 carbs. You’re fine. It’s basically zero sugar.

Hellmann’s / Best Foods Lite Mayo actually has 1 carb.

(You’re still fine.)

We’re on bagels now. Catch up. :)

https://www.costco.com/olde-thompson-everything-seasoning-for-bagels-%2526-more%2C-11.5-oz.product.100485610.html

Cash and Carry has a version too

I was excited about that store thinking I found a way to get some bulk seasoning/spices… and it’s like 30 dollars to ship anything.

Wait, we have a bread thread?

I learned recently that it’s possible to buy extra thin bagels. The standard ones are too big and thick, IMO.

Hell yeah we do, and I’ve seen you over there. How can we forget @LMN8R 's bread bagel bonanza??