Bargain Thread 2013

Steam today: FTL $4.99 -50%.
The first great Kickstarter game!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition is on sale at ToysRUs for $19.98 U.S.

Let me guess, you are annoyed by all the people who go ballistic when the retailer refuses to honor a pricing mistake? Yeah, me too. Its a nice gesture when they offer a gift card but I don’t even see why they owe anybody that.

But that’s not what Penny was bitching about. He was complaining because they allegedly just flat out lied about broken items, bad ‘medicine’ and other deceitful tactics to cover a pricing mistake. That’s total bullshit.

What with Wal-Mart’s corporate culture, it doesn’t really surprise me.

Can’t find a thread on it, but I’m curious if anyone has anything good to say about Cities In Motion 2. GMG has it for $6.79 and I’ve been on kind of a city sim kick the last few weeks.

I’d love to see someone do an update of Transport Tycoon. The fact that no-one ever talks about this game makes me think this probably isn’t it. The screenshots are pretty though.

I’ve asked a couple of times when it was on sale and got crickets. The reviews I looked up said it had problems that its predecessor didn’t have, and were generally lower than the first. SO I’ve avoided it. A shame, because this could be a great series if they just made generating revenue a little easier (at least, I could never get anywhere with cheap options like buses).

I briefly tried Cities in Motion 2 and decided it wasn’t worth the effort. I can’t even remember what it was about it that made be quit. My guess is that passenger habits weren’t intuitive to me. Also it was a pain to layout tracks and stuff in an existing city. I did play CiM 1, and while I didn’t think it was that great I did stick with it enough to finish the campaign (I think). I wouldn’t waste my money on CiM 2.

The last groupee bundle seems decent. A King’s Bounty game (Warriors of the North), and each KB is super long, Electronic Super Joy, Last Knight, Shelter and One Finger Death Punch.

One Finger Death punch is a ton of fun. My Desura library is starting to rival my Steam Library.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is on GamersGate for $7.50. Really fun arcade shooter.

I second that. Definitely worth it!

Looks like Amazon is going to match Targets B2G1 free sale starting Tuesday on PS4 games.

Not only that, but people who pre-ordered 2 PS4 games are getting emails from Amazon offering a third for free.

Also, Target’s sale is for all platforms; PC, PS4, PS3. 360, WiiU, DS/3DS. The only restriction is that it must be three separate titles. Not sure if Amazon is matching that or not.

Hmm. I didn’t read the Amazon fine print. I had pre-ordered a game, and just got that Buy 1 get 1 Amazon email. So I bought the same game, and another title, then went back and cancelled my original pre-order. Wonder how that will hold up…

Steam today: Fable III $4.99 -75%. Entire franchise on sale.
Steam this week:
$3.34 -33% Spectraball
$3.40 -66% Anodyne
$12.48 -75% The Ironclads Collection includes 5 games/expansions
$12.49 -75% Theatre of War Collection includes 3 games + 3 expansions
$3.74 -75% Dangerous Waters
$3.74 -75% A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 QT3 thread
$7.99 -60% Archeblade: Early Access Basic Pack
$1.24 -75% Making History: The Calm & the Storm what the…?
$0.99 -80% Naval Warfare
$19.99 -60% Archeblade Early Access Premium Pack
$1.99 -80% Arena Wars 2
$4.99 -50% Gunpoint [i]QT3 thread[/i]
$4.99 -75% Frontlines: Fuel of War
$4.99 -50% Lunar Flight [i]QT3 thread[/i]
$1.24 -75% Iron Warriors: T-72 Tank Command
$7.49 -75% Complete Naval Combat Pack Includes Sub Command, Fleet Command, Dangerous Waters, and 688(i) Hunter/Killer.
$1.24 -75% Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure
$4.99 -50% Shelter Tom’s article on this game Apparently no one played it here.
$11.99 -20% Timelines: Assualt on America

Nice touch adding the Qt3 links KaoFloppy, thanks!

The Fable 3 sale might be a waste since if I recall correctly its a GFWL game and the service will close down soon.

I read about this on NeoGAF, but did it myself as per the below.

You can now buy 3 $60 games for about $90 at Target. I just did it this morning when I bought PS4 Skylanders ($75), PS4 Lego Marvel ($60), and Killzone Shadow Fall ($60) for $92 after tax (although I further stacked a $10 Frito Lay coupon to the below method). It doesn’t have to be PS4. It can be any three games. It may take some discussion, but it works. At least as of this morning. The order of items rung up will matter, and a manager is not needed.

How to do it (1 to 6 is the tricky/lucky part):

1. Pick anything cheap that is video game related. The $1 preorder cards for Watch Dogs is the most likely option.
  2. Get about 5 of them.
  3. Go to the front of Target (not electronics) to checkout. I used a normal line with a live checker.
  4. Ring up transactions separately. That is ring up one preorder card, and go to payment method.
  5. Choose whatever method (I did debit card) and see if a 30% off 2 games coupon prints out by the clerk before you confirm the purchase (right after PIN number for debit card). If it does, finish the transaction. If not, cancel the transaction and ring up the next card. Mine printed on the first transaction.
  6. A coupon should print out 1 every 5 transactions or so.
  7. Take coupon back to electronics
  8. Apply 30% coupon two 2 games.
  9. Add third game for free due to the B2G1 hard coded deal on Target registers.
  10. Pass morale check to not milk it

Cheers

For last-gen buyers, GameFly is having its monthly blowout on used games. Examples:

Gears of War Judgment, Dead Island Riptide, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, Prototype 2, Far Cry 3, AC3, Tomb Raider or Batman Arkham City $9.
Remember Me, Splinter Cell Conviction, Bioshock Infinite or XCOM $13

Steam today: Fallout collection $4.99 -75%. Fallout 1 + 2 + Tactics. Individually, they are still full priced.
Steam midweek:
Defiance Standard Edition $4.99 -50%. Deluxe also -50%, but DLCs are not on sale. QT3 thread
Lost Planet 3 $24.99 -50%. DLCs on sale also. 1 + 2 are -75% each. No qt3 thread?!?